MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By LeioS Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:28 am
Hi.

I've been working separately with both machines for a while, trying not to get overwhelmed by combining the 2.

Now i want to incorporate both into my setup but i'm having an issue getting the Mpc to send transport/clock to the Octatrack. All obvious parameters on both machines are enabled but pressing play on the Mpc doesn't start the Octatrack.

It works the opposite way though. Sending transport/clock from the Octatrack to the Mpc works as it should.

All midi ports are fine. I've used the midi in & out on both machines to control/play/trigger other modules.

I'd appreciate any help you guys can offer.

Cheers!
By bees80 Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:37 am
not sure what you meant with ''obvious paramaters''. Best to explain your settings in detail so it won't become a guessing game. First guess below.

turn on receive transport on the octatrack
turn on sync and check receive clock on the octatrack
mpc midi output channel should be set to sync and on midi clock
By LeioS Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:46 pm
bees80 wrote:not sure what you meant with ''obvious paramaters''. Best to explain your settings in detail so it won't become a guessing game. First guess below.

mpc midi output channel should be set to sync and on midi clock

That was it. All other things were correct but i hadn't turned on SYNC in the new inputs/outputs page. Weirdly my brain wasn't registering those tabs as things that could be switched.

Thank you. Much appreciated.
By teknosmoker Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:13 pm
I’m struggling with the same kind of setup & the OT keeps missing it’s first note sometimes.

Where do I “turn on sync”? Believe that may solve the issue.

MPC is sending clock to the OT.
OT is set to receive clock, as well as transport, but I don’t know how/where to turn on sync.

Any suggestions?

-T
By teknosmoker Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:01 pm
Thanks!

I have a OT MK1 though (at home - not here). Is the key combination any different?

- Also - is this any different from the standard SYNC menu referenced in the OT manual (OS 1.25) pg. 42? Have already activated Transport Receive & Clock Receive from there.
Last edited by teknosmoker on Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jabberwalky Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:03 pm
I'd be interested to hear/see your experiences with the combo. I still have an Octatrack Mk1 sitting around that is pretty much usurped by the Mpc Live. If there was a cool way to integrate both together, I might keep it around. I guess the OT can do disk streaming :WTF:
By teknosmoker Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:12 pm
jabberwalky wrote:I'd be interested to hear/see your experiences with the combo. I still have an Octatrack Mk1 sitting around that is pretty much usurped by the Mpc Live. If there was a cool way to integrate both together, I might keep it around. I guess the OT can do disk streaming :WTF:

My plan was to sell the OT, after acquiring the MPC. But I don't want to give up P-locks and the unique sequencing abilities of the OT. Unfortunately, have not been able to get the 2 to sync successfully yet.

Perhaps somebody else can help shed some light? :?

- T
By Patientrichard Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:12 pm
So with the OT thr only 'sync' is via midi.

The OT mk1 has a slightly different way off getting to the menu but it's exactly the same process,im that you tick the boxes you require. I *think* it's via the menu, but I don't have or haven't ever owned a mk1 so can't confirm I'm afraid.

In terms of the two playing nicely, they do work well together however there can be some slight issues when swing is brought in to play. I tend to choose one for drums and one for everything else and I have no issues. The only time I have issues is when trying to match up beats on both machines, due to the aforementioned 'jitrer'.

What works really well is plugging the usb of the OT into the mpc live, and then popping the OT into disk mode. Then you can browse everything on the octatrack via the mpc live screen, you can create folders and move samples across

I like to put loops together on my mpc live mk1 and then move them across to the OT, and then play the loops/ stems live.

Really nice combo.
By Empeesee Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:41 am
Revival…

I’ve spent a few months away from mpc, just picked up a live 2. I’m pretty sure I had this working at a point in the past with the live but I’m struggling to get it to work right now?

All I want is my Octatrack to respond to live’s transport?

I have an analog four and rytm slaved to the octatrack. I’d like to use the mpc to sample the 3, nothing major? Pretty sure I was doing it with the live when I had it?

Big thanks in advance peeps.