MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By AGFA Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:25 am
Hi All

Would appreciate any experiences with the MPC Live Mkii Speaker, I'm a new owner and new to MPC. I received the MPC Live Mkii last week and appear to have vibration, rattle, buzzing sounds coming from the right speaker ( volume at 50% ) when I play bass notes, sounds like broken speaker, is this other peoples experience or do I have a defective unit do you think?

Many thanks
A
By inflict3 Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:17 pm
Man, why they have to put a speaker in it... I was hoping the live 2 would be more like the mpc500 with a better screen, maybe like an 8inch touch screen..
By EnochLight Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:08 pm
AGFA wrote:Hi All

Would appreciate any experiences with the MPC Live Mkii Speaker, I'm a new owner and new to MPC. I received the MPC Live Mkii last week and appear to have vibration, rattle, buzzing sounds coming from the right speaker ( volume at 50% ) when I play bass notes, sounds like broken speaker, is this other peoples experience or do I have a defective unit do you think?

Many thanks
A

It's defective - send it back. Hopefully it's not past your return window, otherwise you'll need to send it to Akai for warranty service.
By AGFA Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:24 pm
NearTao wrote:Call the store you bought it from, there should be no rattle.

Post up your files though and I am sure somebody could test your project out.

Thanks, waiting for the store to get back to me.
By AGFA Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:26 pm
EnochLight wrote:
AGFA wrote:Hi All

Many thanks
A

It's defective - send it back. Hopefully it's not past your return window, otherwise you'll need to send it to Akai for warranty service.

Thanks,
By akom-studio.com Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:18 pm
AGFA wrote:...appear to have vibration, rattle, buzzing sounds coming from the right speaker ( volume at 50% ) when I play bass notes, sounds like broken speaker...

Sooo.. sad to say, but mine also developed a similar buzz. But I'm actually pretty sure it's not the speaker itself but something else that starts to vibrate when playing the 'right' frequencies. Took my time to listen to it from all corners and the actual sound these speakers develop is pretty good. If only it wasn't a 1200 bucks device, then I'd just remove the cover, look for the buzzing area and apply some gaffa..
By AGFA Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:08 pm
akom-studio.com wrote:
AGFA wrote:...appear to have vibration, rattle, buzzing sounds coming from the right speaker ( volume at 50% ) when I play bass notes, sounds like broken speaker...

Sooo.. sad to say, but mine also developed a similar buzz. But I'm actually pretty sure it's not the speaker itself but something else that starts to vibrate when playing the 'right' frequencies. Took my time to listen to it from all corners and the actual sound these speakers develop is pretty good. If only it wasn't a 1200 bucks device, then I'd just remove the cover, look for the buzzing area and apply some gaffa..

Thanks for sharing, I do wonder if it’s a frequency buzz and whether it’s a speaker design issue and not a specific unit which is faulty, it only happens with certain bass notes and only on certain bass samples for me.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:45 am
peterpiper wrote:build quality of the SL1210MKii would be nice on any instrument :)
peace

Some people complain about the MPC X at 12 pounds not being portable, imagine 26 pounds for SL 12010. :lol: In 6 month most people will need replace speakers. :nod: