MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By wired9 Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:16 am
Hi, just found something confusing about clips.

I have two sequences that both use a clip program, with clips triggered by notes in grid mode.

If I just switch between sequences without touching pads, it all works fine: clips are launched normally as expected. But if I work in Sequence 1 and mess with pads: launch and stop some clips, then when I switch to Sequence two, those clips that were supposed to launch with the start of Sequence 2 are not started. Sometimes they start in the middle of a sequence, sometimes only when Sequence two pays a full cirlcle.

I seems like when I mess with pads in on a clip program, it enters some sort of "manual mode" which prevents clips from launching by Grid notes.

This is very annoying and definitely unexpected, I expect a sequence to run and sound as usual, regardless of what I did in the previous sequence. So, I guess it's a bug. Anyone else experienced this?
By NearTao Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:13 pm
I have not had this problem in 2.8 on the X or Live in standalone mode.

What OS version are you on, which MPC variant, and are you in standalone or controller mode?

If you've got a simple project you can load, post a link to dropbox and I am sure somebody can help check it out.
By wired9 Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:23 pm
Same thing happens with Live software on PC as well. If I manually press pads to launch/stop clips in one sequence, then when I switch to another sequence, those clips that were supposed to start by notes in grid, won't start.
By wired9 Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:16 pm
Nope

I managed to get around this by duplicating the clip program. So I manually press pads in one program and then the other plays by notes when another sequence starts