MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By biomaskin Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:09 pm
I'm working with a sample that I want to loop in reverse when it hits the End. In Sample Edit mode, I have no trouble getting it to loop - but when I assign it to a Pad in a Program and play it from there; it doesn't loop (no matter what slice type I use). I see that the Pad Loop button is disabled in Program Edit, no matter if I set Non-destructive slice or Pad parameter as the Slice Type!

In the User Guide it says:

Non-Destructive Slice: The pad’s Slice setting will be set to the slice number. Pad Parameters: The pad’s Slice setting will be set to Pad. The Pad Start and Pad End will be set to the slice’s start point and end point values, and the Loop Position will be set to the slice’s start point but with Pad Loop deactivated.

.. and I don't get it :)
HEPL!
By 40Beatz Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:47 pm
Is the pad set to One Shot or Note On?
By Lampdog Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:15 pm
Never fear, HEPL is here!

I'm using X, OS 2.8, standalone.

Program Edit, Note On.

Sample Edit, Program Tab, Slice=ALL, Loop Mode is < = >.

So now, anything inside the program can do note on IF IT WANTS, you just have to set the individual pad to do the bi-directional loop.

And now without ONE SHOT to finish a pad bang you may have to hold other pads to play to the end or in grid edit change length of notes. I didn't test that part out yet but I'm guessing from playing with note on for yrs.

Experiment with note on and different pad loop settings to see what works for you.
By bees80 Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:12 am
Lampdog wrote:Never fear, HEPL is here!

Can you also help which type of rum i should use in my bahama mama cocktail? Captain morgan? I don't like bacardi that much
By Lampdog Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:11 pm
I’ve never liked Bacardi either.
I’d choose Capt Morgan Spiced Rum or the Capt Morgan Sherry Oak Finish if you can find it.
By Lampdog Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:26 pm
bees80 wrote:Cheers, i'll treat you to a cocktail one day sir!

:-D :lol:

@Op, did you find what you were looking for or at least something close to it?
By biomaskin Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:02 pm
@Op, did you find what you were looking for or at least something close to it?

Well, not entirely - but I can at least loop a sample if I put it in a KeyGroup track thanks to your answer!
Here's my process trying to loop a sample on a pad in a Drum Program:

1) Main screen; scroll for (unused) Track..
2) + for new Drum Program..
3) Browse for sample; load to Pad A01..
4) Sample Edit screen; Program tab for Pad A01; pressing Loop button (to reverse), setting End halfway in sample..
5) Playing Pad A01 in Main does not loop..
6) Looking at Pad A01 in Program Edit; PAD LOOP button is disabled..

I don't get it :(
By biomaskin Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:18 pm
What I originally tried (reading the manual) was this:

1) Load a new Sample to new Track, and Drum Program..
2) Go to Sample Edit, Trim tab, enable Loop, set End, play with Pad 11..
3) Assign to new Pad (whatever Slice Type)..

4) Play the Pad, no loop. Why! :)
By 40Beatz Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:31 pm
Turn on the "Note On"
By Lampdog Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:33 pm
Yep NOTE ON.
:lol: :lol:

It’s ok if you kick yourself, we’ll all pretend like it never happened......
By SakisX Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:55 pm
biomaskin wrote:I GOT IT

Problem was; I never set SAMPLE PLAY: NOTE ON in the LFO MODULATION tab !! :Sigh:

It's not your fault, I was struggling with this until I read this post and I keep wondering why on earth note on ,is on the LFO mod section.....