MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ultros Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:52 pm
SakisX wrote:I think I'll get one of these to avoid frequent plug/unplug

Solid plan dude i am debating getting one of those as well. the angled jack is a great idea you have one of those steel laptop stands to stand the mpc up. I have one and im kinda wedging my earphones atm... it worries me.
By brisket Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:26 pm
That headphone jack looks as secure as laptop headphone jacks, which means that'll if used frequently, you're going to eventually wear it out within two years. Now the back panel jacks are nice and secure with big old nuts securing them in place... so I ended up buying a 3/5mm female to 2 1/4 (Left and Right) outs cable to plug into the back outputs and then plug my headphones into the 3.5mm female end of the cable.
By Lampdog Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:04 pm
SakisX wrote:I think I'll get one of these to avoid frequent plug/unplug

I use these in a bunch of ports for years for the same exact reason. Saves on gear wear and tear, saves on scratches on/around the port being plugged into..
By F.G Meyhem Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:57 pm
I had the same problem. I also noticed that the jack was a bit flimsy so i sent it back.

Odal Vervloesem wrote:Hi!

So I received my MPC One on thursday. 4 days in, I'm loving it. Yet, last night I touched the headphone jack and noticed a slight audio cut. I have read other people noticing the headphone jack is not as secure as other 3.5mm jacks.

I've tried it with different cables and they all sorta have it, one a bit more than the other. I also noticed the issue is easier to reproduce when I'm using a headphone with built in mic (3 connectors on the jack) in comparison to a normal stereo aux cable.

Is this a known bug for the MPC? Or is it because the jacks are less secure so the connection is lost faster (so not really a faulty jack)? Should I worry about this becoming a bigger issue in the future? If so, I'll be sending it back to the company I bought it from, ofcourse.

Thanks in advance!
By Symianbeatz Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:08 pm
Cases wrote:
Yeah, have this issue too. It seems that MPC One expects a slightly "thicker" plug than most other connections, so that it doesn't move as much. It's not really a deal breaker, but it's enough of an annoyance that I decided to get this to plug the headphones in the back:

https://www.thomann.de/gb/pro_snake_tpy ... ImVuIn0%3D

I'll be sure to report if it works as expected.

Don't the headphones out and main out have different gains? I'm curious if you'll need an amp for that? How did it work out? I want to use the 3.5mm (i hate those tiny plugs) as least as possible.

I got an adapter off of Amazon, to sum the rear output, it works just fine with headphones.. no gain issues.. :-D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08Z3F4HH6/ ... SCN52JC7FH