MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Drew Hamlett Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:24 am
I don't know if it's been there or what, but I placed a can next to the MPC live and noticed this red light coming from inside the MPC(on left side) Is this normal? Typically a flashing red from a circuit board is not a good thing. Can anyone confirm theres is doing it?
Last edited by Drew Hamlett on Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
By EnochLight Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:18 pm
Drew Hamlett wrote:I don't know if it's been there or what, but I placed a can next to the MPC live and noticed this red light coming from inside the MPC(on left side) Is this normal? Typically a flashing red from a circuit board is not a good thing. Can anyone confirm theres is doing it?

That's the LED that lights up when your Live is charging. Unplug it from its power supply and it will go off.
By Drew Hamlett Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:44 pm
EnochLight wrote:
Drew Hamlett wrote:I don't know if it's been there or what, but I placed a can next to the MPC live and noticed this red light coming from inside the MPC(on left side) Is this normal? Typically a flashing red from a circuit board is not a good thing. Can anyone confirm theres is doing it?

That's the LED that lights up when your Live is charging. Unplug it from its power supply and it will go off.

That's what I had originally thought but battery is 100%. I unplugged too.
By EnochLight Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:32 am
Drew Hamlett wrote:That's what I had originally thought but battery is 100%. I unplugged too.

Ah, right. Just re-read your OP. This one on the rear is for charging:

The one on the left side towards the top is indeed a motherboard diagnostics LED. Blinking in bursts of two means "operating/everything is fine". Solid means "booting", though it only does it briefly when you first boot. Not sure what the other sequences are or what they mean.