MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Felix56 Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:28 am
Hi,
i use a Roland Fantom with the MPC live with Midi...
The Syncronisation works fine. But when i arme a Audio Track on the MPC live and start the
Sequencer on the Roland Fantom... The Syncronisation works fine but the Audio Track on the
MPC live ist not anymore armed...
I want to Syncronise the Sequencer on the Roland Fantom and record the Audio Tracks separatly on the MPC
live.
Whats wrong ???

Thank you from Germany
By idk973 Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:27 pm
if you wanna record an audio track in the mpc, i think you have to actualy play the sequencer of your mpc (maybe i'm wrong)
if you use the fantom sequencer you can record with the sampler mode i guess.
btw, i'm gonna try for myself, my fantom 6 arrive next week.
By Felix56 Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:08 pm
Hi,
Thank you for your Answer.. your the only one...
When i start from the MPC live, than its not a Problem..
but i wanted to start the song on the Fantom, then when on the MPC live channel one Audio is armed,
the MPC live runs normally but do not record because the channel is not armed anymore...
Its not realy a big Problem because it works on the other side...
You know why all this.. because on the Fantom sequencer you dont have the possibility to use the Timeline when you want run forward or backward .. if you find something wrong in your Song on for exemple Bar 22
then of course you stop the Song an then it returns to zero...
No way in the Sequencer of the Fantom to surch a Position !!!!
Its a great Instrument, but with the Sequencer they didnot thing realy logic..
No Chance for exemple to locate a position of the Song.
i think Rolands Ingeneers smokes to much :WTF:
By idk973 Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:48 pm
a 1.70 version is coming..wait and see. i received my fantom 6, i'm learning it. i like the possibility to mix vsts, and internal sounds in the faders. Mine is connected in usb to the mpcx, and when i wanna record my tracks in audio, i go in controller mode then i select fantom in soundcard and record in audio tracks all the tracks, work pretty fine
By Plex Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:45 pm
You have to set the Fantom USB Driver to class-compliant generic mode not to vendor mode if you want to use the usb connection with the mpc.

Use the MIDi 5 Pin Ports instead.

And read both manuals. It is essential.

MPC and Fantom are the perfect pair. You don‘t need anything else :)
By Felix56 Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:54 pm
Hi Plex,
Thanks vor your Answer...
When i use the Mpc live as Master... I can record Audio from the Fantom perfectly...
But when i use the Fantom as master, than the sync is ok but the track arm button turns to unarmed
When i start the Fantom sequencer...
I can output from the Fantom audio over USB....
But no sound comes to the mpc live...
Why ???
By Plex Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:53 am
The Fantom only sends up to 16 audio tracks via usb connection to a Mac or PC if you choose the vendor driver.

It‘s a bit of an overkill of MIDI and audio features:
You can record MIDI within the Fantom and sample the Audio output of the Fantom with the MPC or re-record the Fantom MIDI output with the MPC.
Although the Fantom is the best Masterkeyboard. You’re centerpiece to record, your daw and Master sync is the MPC and you should sync the Fantom as a slave to the MPC. If you play live it is the other way round.

Fantom Sync Mode Master Sync Output On Sync Source MIDI
MPC Input Port Fantom Control and Track on
MPC Output Port Fantom Sync and Track on
Sync reiceive and send midi clock

That‘s it control the MPC from the Fantom.
By Felix56 Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:32 am
Hi,
Well when the Mpc live is Master everything works fine.
So why do i want to have the Fantom as Master ??
Because of the Tempo... The Mpc live doesnt know the Tempo of the Roland Fantom Sequencer...
If i take for exemple 100 for the Song than it works fine but you can have a song on the Fantom with different Tempo ... Than you have to record in different sequences...
And and and.... There is one Thing missing on the Fantom that the Roland Fa was able to do....
To export all the tracks of the Sequencer as multitrack wave.
Of course the Fa needs 5 or 10 minutes to do this... And you could choose with or without effects...
Than its easy to import the tracks in my mixer for example ( RCF M20 X ) or in the Mpc Live and work with. :smoker:
Last edited by Felix56 on Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By EnochLight Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:47 am
Felix56 wrote:Hi,
Well when the Mpc live is Master everything works fine.
So why do i want to have the Fantom as Master ??
Because of the Tempo... The Mpc live doesnt know the Tempo of the Roland Fantom Sequencer...
If i take for exemple 100 for the Song than it works fine but you can have a song on the Fantom with different Tempo ... Than you have to record in different sequences...

Why don't you set your Fantom to follow the tempo via USB-MIDI so the two are both in sync?