MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By kaydigi Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:14 pm
kevbr0wn wrote:Sounds bad. I'm willing to stay at 2.7.2 from now on. It already does what I need it to do...I came from the XL originally then to the 2500(shout out to jjos!) then the STUDIO then the LIVE... I really like the live. It's like an upgraded XL to me. I just don't like it when it's working fine and then an update comes along to make it "better" but actually makes it worse. If the track mutes problem isn't fixed I plan on never upgrading. All I really want is the pop up qlink joint(I feel should have been implemented in the 1st os) and the pad perform on the main screen.

Kev, we know you have some connect over at akai to harass them to fix it lol.
By Manye Mutkanye Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:55 pm
Manye Mutkanye wrote:I found it prettu solid after yesterdays sound designing, sampling and sample manipulation..

Few days and a crash? X freezed. If this happens when on stage ****. These drum machines are made for studios and livingrooms only. Not for the gigs..
By Tabletop Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:13 am
Manye Mutkanye wrote:
Manye Mutkanye wrote:I found it prettu solid after yesterdays sound designing, sampling and sample manipulation..

Few days and a crash? X freezed. If this happens when on stage ****. These drum machines are made for studios and livingrooms only. Not for the gigs..

I had 2 crashes since switching to 2.8. Did a system reset & its been good since *knock on wood. YMMV, but good luck!
2.6 was solid as a rock for me.
By smellypants Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:08 am
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:Really i don’t get it why after each update people don’t do a system reset.It’s a standard procedure for me from day 1 and never encountered a single issue...AKAI should make a note about it.

Hmmm... Note worthy :smoker:
By monogee Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:48 am
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:Really i don’t get it why after each update people don’t do a system reset.It’s a standard procedure for me from day 1 and never encountered a single issue...AKAI should make a note about it.

How do we do that?
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:49 am
monogee wrote:

How do we do that?

In standalone its called a 'Preferences Reset' - MENU > SETTINGS.

However, this is obviously not going to fix actual bugs in the core coding of the firmware, of which there are plenty in this current 2.8.x release, such as 'Assign Slice to Pad' (no longer works at all), Send to MIDI (these settings reset each time you change sequence).

so do be aware that the reset option is really just there to fix any potential 'localised' issues that may have happened to your system during the update process - for example you might be getting lots of crashes, reboots, corrupt files or goofy randomness.

Also remember that it will reset all your preferences to the default values so be prepared to set these up again afterwards.
By Lampdog Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:33 pm

+1

MPC-Tutor wrote:Also remember that it will reset all your preferences to the default values so be prepared to set these up again afterwards.

Happened with a friend recently. "Q-link SWING applies when released" will be reset to default UNCHECKED. If you want swing to be applied when releasing the qlink knob go back and put that checkmark in there. COGWHEEL -> SEQUENCER (scroll down).
By K. Rah Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:37 pm
I downloaded it yesterday and was having problems with the “all” pad function in program mode. A couple of times it refused to work until I went back to the main screen and back again. Then it crashed on me when I only had one program open and tried to apply an effect to a pad. I guess I’m going back to 2.8
By Tabletop Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:29 pm
K. Rah wrote:I downloaded it yesterday and was having problems with the “all” pad function in program mode. A couple of times it refused to work until I went back to the main screen and back again. Then it crashed on me when I only had one program open and tried to apply an effect to a pad. I guess I’m going back to 2.8

Did you perform a system reset after installing new firmware??
By Fre$hBreath Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:35 pm
I might leave the beta program because they are not utilizing those of us in there and from what I see here in these comments it's basically a result of that. I'm so very disappointed in Akai Pro over this...
By Lampdog Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:55 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:I might leave the beta program because they are not utilizing those of us in there and from what I see here in these comments it's basically a result of that. I'm so very disappointed in Akai Pro over this...

This is the exact same reason I left Ren beta testing.