MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By missingtwins Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:26 pm
I have a problem with this new MPC One

After a few minutes, the q link pop up window is stuck on. It disables any activity on the screen.

I can disable the “show q link status when touched” and it works but then I can’t get the visual feedback of what the knobs do quickly.

Has anyone seen this?

Thanks!!!
By missingtwins Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:37 am
when the pop up window is stuck on the touchscreen, I am not touching the knobs at all.
It happens after I’ve touched one of the q links, the pop up screen comes on and then never goes away again.

When the screen is stuck, I can manipulate the values of the q links if I do touch the knobs.

But there is no way that I have found to get the pop up screen to go away except to disable the pop up q link screen when touched option.

Or I can reboot but it inevitably happens again.
By NewAkaiUser Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:34 pm
I have the same bug. I recorded the video and in next couple days I will add new topic. There are many problems with MPC One.
By missingtwins Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:24 am
Update on this issue:
I live in an old house (US) that has only hot and neutral wires on the outlets (no ground wire). When I plug the MPC One into one of these outlets (using a three to two prong converter), the capacitive q link button pop up page sticks.
Moving the mpc to a standard three prong outlet with ground seems to fix the issue. I haven’t seen the pop up screen get stuck since.
By Captiv H. Maltesse Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:58 pm
Hey,
Same problem here, and already updated the 2.8.1 firmware.
Unfortunately i don't have standard three prong outlet with ground in my appartment.
Did you found another solution to fix this problem ?
And mostly, do old power outlet damage the MPC ONE ?
Thanks
By gabicrecan Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:35 am
Same problem here. Never happened at home, it only started occurring in a new house where I've set-up a temporary studio.
By elstebbano Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:18 pm
well it shouldn’t happen when you are on battery, does it?
(edit: just have read that you are on the mpc one)
If not you have to ground the wires, ghettofix would be grounding it on the radiators if they are not electrical or the lightning rod in your house. Antique problems require antique solutions lol
edit: not 100% sure, but maybe the electronic sockets in your bathroom are grounded for the rcd to work, you could try it there...but don’t quote me on that, I could be wrong..
By Yaourth Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:56 pm
Hello
same bug, with random occurrences. Happens on grounded plugs too but not each time. Very difficult to anticipate this issue on my side : sometimes it happens immediately, sometimes after few hours. So I remove the q-link pop-up feature in the settings. It's a shame...
factory reset helps, but not solve the problem with the 2.8.
By 40Beatz Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:12 pm
Possibly cleaned the Knobs and the post under the Knobs. Run a Magnet over it to Neutralize the Capacitivity(Not Proven)
By Yaourth Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:35 am
the good new for me it's i'm not alone with this issue... :)
cleaning knobs with antistatic product don't change anything. I will try magnet this week end.
By missingtwins Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:54 am
Fluorescent lighting can cause all kinds of havoc with capacitive touch systems. Also lighting dimmers seem to cause trouble as well.

For those still having trouble, try moving to a circuit without these and check.