MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By NewAkaiUser Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:44 am
Can't you see that q-links show random values?
The upper knob should show x1000 when touched, not get lost between other values.
By SakisX Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:07 pm
NewAkaiUser wrote:Can't you see that q-links show random values?
The upper knob should show x1000 when touched, not get lost between other values.

sorry ,didn't noticed it . what happens if you actually tweak the knob? does the start point move according the correct amount of steps ?
Also ,are you sure there is proper ground on your house ?
By NewAkaiUser Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:48 pm
It always jumps like that. That's why I can edit samples only with the touch screen.
I've never had problems with electronic devices at home, and I have quite a lot of them, so the internal design of the MPC is a problem here.
By SakisX Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:32 pm
NewAkaiUser wrote:It always jumps like that. That's why I can edit samples only with the touch screen.
I've never had problems with electronic devices at home, and I have quite a lot of them, so the internal design of the MPC is a problem here.

I guess your MPC is defective
By HouseWithoutMouse Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:49 pm
I got this "Q-Link status window is stuck on" phenomenon today with firmware V2.10.0. I found a way to reset it without rebooting the MPC.
- Save your project (Press Shift+Save)
- Press Shift-Preferences --> touch screen is available again because the Q-Link status window was hidden
- Go to General
- Uncheck "Show Q-Link Status When Touched".
- Go back to Main and open the Project screen
- Select New
- Reload your saved project
- Press Shift-Preferences
- Go to General
- Check "Show Q-Link Status When Touched" back on
- Go to Main
--> now everything is like before, and the Q-Link status window works as it did before.

I don't know if this is faster than doing a full reboot.
By NewAkaiUser Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:29 pm
They still haven't fixed it? Maybe this is the problem of "dirty power" as mentioned above.
For me, the problem did not occur on 2.10, but after writing this comment, it will probably stuck again.
I usually have q-links overlay turned off. They cover the right part of the screen, which is annoying when using plugins.

BTW: By holding down the q-link button, you can turn off the touch function.
By Neodymium Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:54 pm
Do you have footwear on.

I have this issue if I am barefoot. I think it's a grounding issue, I never have this issue if I have footwear on.
By HouseWithoutMouse Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:07 pm
I don't say that electric grounding cannot be a reason for this, but in my (so far only) case, the problem went away by clicking buttons on the MPC (turn Q-link status off, reload project, turn Q-link status back on). I definitely didn't have to change my footwear. :) Maybe the status window could use a reset or re-calibration feature, if it's about some electrical measurement value slowly creeping away permanently to "on" state.