MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Yentz Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:17 pm
Hi, I think I might have asked before but I think that was before v. 8
Is there any way to have may sequence (lets say 64 bars) running and repeat the track I am editing tahat is only 1 or 2 bars long? And also the other way round. Can i record unlimited time while my sequence is just 4 bars long and looping similar to ableton where clips can be endless and you just set start and end point for them to go with the rest?
By Cockdiesel Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:14 am
Man you can have your midi sequence loop for eternity... track out at the end. The work around I’m seeing on 2.8 is having your midi sequences on different programs for the same tracks and muting the last ones. If you’re working on smaller stuff try the clips.

Song mode> convert to sequence > tracking out my synth is still working like it always has just have to shuffle the programs around.. literally a few button pushes and turning the dial to the right output and midi track.