MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By terminal_a Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:22 am
Hey guys. New to the MPC world and just working my way through the manual and the MPC Bible. I ran into a bit of a roadblock with the Autosampler and was wondering if anyone else had experienced a similar problem.
I'm trying to sample a voice that lends itself to staccato-style playing (in this case a punchy bass voice from a MicroKorg) and the minimum note length on the Autosampler seems to tap out at 1000ms (1 second). This creates a problem with losing the voices original sustain and release characteristics when programing quick hits (say 8th notes at 150bpm) as only the "attack" part of the sample is being played back. I wish the Autosampler had an option to sample shorter note lengths, has anyone else run into this issue or found a functional workaround? Thanks!
By wavejockey Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:39 am
create a MIDI sequence yourself with shorter note-ons?
or edit your preset on the receiving side to 'ignore' the longer note-on from the autosampler