MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By biomaskin Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:46 pm
Hey, I just noticed my MPC One turning very hot on left side of the touch screen.. Haven't noticed it before, maybe it's the new update and firmware; i recently installed the latest (2.8.1). Has anyone else experienced this - or should I return it? :(
By CharlesRandolph Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:05 pm
biomaskin wrote:Adding some info to the post: I didn't use plugins, and it have been in Sampler mode since this morning (I run my PC through it to listen to music) - so maybe that's the issue.

When using it as an audio interface this will happen. Don't block the side vents, be sure the screen dimming is set, and make sure it's not sitting on material that absorbs heat.
By biomaskin Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:51 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
biomaskin wrote:Adding some info to the post: I didn't use plugins, and it have been in Sampler mode since this morning (I run my PC through it to listen to music) - so maybe that's the issue.

When using it as an audio interface this will happen. Don't block the side vents, be sure the screen dimming is set, and make sure it's not sitting on material that absorbs heat.

I played around for about 45 mins after having it turned off letting it cool down again, still got hot. I haven't noticed it before, but that might just be random. The side vents aren't blocked, and it's on a nice table that never gets warm. But, will try to dim the screen. It's just warm on the left side of the screen though, like right at the edge. Seems to be right on top of where the power supply is?
By saltmcgault Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:59 pm
biomaskin wrote: I didn't use plugins, and it have been in Sampler mode since this morning

While you are on the topic about hot screens make sure to set your screen saver to turn on after 2 minutes of being idle and set your screen display to night time to avoid screen burn. Save your work and shut her down if you are not going to be on it.
By EnochLight Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:40 pm
saltmcgault wrote:While you are on the topic about hot screens make sure to set your screen saver to turn on after 2 minutes of being idle and set your screen display to night time to avoid screen burn..

MPC One doesn't have any issue with screen burn. That's just the MPC X...
By SakisX Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:46 pm
Mine too , top left corner . Also the usb cable was so stiff that I thought it will break the pcb board in order to disconnect it. Plus the headphone jack doesn’t seem durable .
By saltmcgault Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:01 pm
EnochLight wrote:
MPC One doesn't have any issue with screen burn.

Yet..

I wouldn't doubt it if Akai uses similar screens for all of them.
By Peccary Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:25 pm
SakisX wrote:Mine too , top left corner . Also the usb cable was so stiff that I thought it will break the pcb board in order to disconnect it. Plus the headphone jack doesn’t seem durable .

I don't have any issue with the USB, but yeah, that headphone jack seems like a weak point. I unplug the headphones when not using because I feel like the first time it catches something it's a gonner.
By EnochLight Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:39 pm
saltmcgault wrote:Yet..

I wouldn't doubt it if Akai uses similar screens for all of them.

I hear you, but.. they used different screens for the X in particular, which is why it's the only one that I know of that suffers from screen burn. Image retention doesn't seem to plague the One, Live (either 1 or 2), or Force - which all use the same screen.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:36 pm
biomaskin wrote:I played around for about 45 mins after having it turned off letting it cool down again, still got hot. I haven't noticed it before, but that might just be random. The side vents aren't blocked, and it's on a nice table that never gets warm. But, will try to dim the screen. It's just warm on the left side of the screen though, like right at the edge. Seems to be right on top of where the power supply is?

I had some custom feet made for all my MPC's, which raises the MPC off the table and tilts it 5 degrees. Allowing the heat to escape from the below plate.
By jcnnr78 Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:06 am
To all Mpc One or Live users who have noticed heat on the left side of the touch screen.......I would like to ask you if has it caused a more serious problem with the passage of time?
Do you have more answers from the technical service?

I just bought an MPC One, a week ago, and I have noticed the same problem, in the technical service they tell me that it is normal, but I would like to know your experiences..

I have measured the temperature that the area gives off, and it is between 39 - 42 ºC (102 - 107 ºF) depending on whether I use the screen or it is dimmed.

Thanks!