MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:35 pm
What up Bezo!

I hear ya on that. That's why I recommend a producer have at least 2 or 3 DAWs, what one can't do the other can. For me S1v4.6 and Reason is it for me.

Console 1 is dope, I am kinda familiar with it due to my boy having it. I would of probably gotten in myself but I have the X Touch One, and it handles S1 and Reason well, so I'm satisfied.
I even passed up on the single fader port from Presonus for the X Touch. So you're saying the Fader Port from Presonus will handle the knob functions on your Plugins? I wouldn't pull the trigger on getting that if you're getting the C1 and Fader system.

You should have a talk with Fresh about that move to see if you really need the Presonus Fader Port.

Bezo wrote:Yeah, I have a love/hate relationship with S1, which is why I'm holding off on upgrading to 5. I'll probably pull the trigger when it goes on sale. I'm also looking into Cubase because the mixing workflow is so much better, and it's a more mature DAW.

I find S1 to be feature rich, but missing some fundamentals. Needing a plugin for true stereo panning is a PITA, for example. Hopefully some of the 5.X updates address some of the less popular but fundamental oversights like this.

On topic, I'm a bit closer to going with the Console 1 & Fader combo, but still considering the Faderport 16 because it's a Presonus product. Despite Console 1's integration, it won't be as integrated as Presonus' own controller. And the FP controls 3rd party plugins, which I have a lot of, with less hassle.
By Bezo Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:55 pm
Danoc wrote:What up Bezo!

I hear ya on that. That's why I recommend a producer have at least 2 or 3 DAWs, what one can't do the other can. For me S1v4.6 and Reason is it for me.

Console 1 is dope, I am kinda familiar with it due to my boy having it. I would of probably gotten in myself but I have the X Touch One, and it handles S1 and Reason well, so I'm satisfied.
I even passed up on the single fader port from Presonus for the X Touch. So you're saying the Fader Port from Presonus will handle the knob functions on your Plugins? I wouldn't pull the trigger on getting that if you're getting the C1 and Fader system.

You should have a talk with Fresh about that move to see if you really need the Presonus Fader Port.

Yeah, the FP16 (& FP8) automatically assign faders to the controls of 3rd party plugins, at least from what I saw in a recent update vid. No knobs and occasional use of Logic are the hang ups.

With the Console 1, controls would have to be assigned. It might need to also be put in "MIDI mode", but I'm not sure. I need to look more into this. I have a lot of non-Softube plugins, including console emulations, that I'd still be using. How exactly the C1 handles 3rd party plugins is the other main hang up.

It's one or the other, FP or C1 & Fader. I never looked into the single FP, but that along with the C1 & Fader could be an option.
By Danoc Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:33 pm
Yesiiiirrrr check wit ya boy Fresh definitely.

I hear you though

Bezo wrote:
Danoc wrote:What up Bezo!

Yeah, the FP16 (& FP8) automatically assign faders to the controls of 3rd party plugins, at least from what I saw in a recent update vid. No knobs and occasional use of Logic are the hang ups.

With the Console 1, controls would have to be assigned. It might need to also be put in "MIDI mode", but I'm not sure. I need to look more into this. I have a lot of non-Softube plugins, including console emulations, that I'd still be using. How exactly the C1 handles 3rd party plugins is the other main hang up.

It's one or the other, FP or C1 & Fader. I never looked into the single FP, but that along with the C1 & Fader could be an option.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:24 pm
Bezo wrote:Yeah, the FP16 (& FP8) automatically assign faders to the controls of 3rd party plugins, at least from what I saw in a recent update vid. No knobs and occasional use of Logic are the hang ups.

Console one works great and is ideal for the Softube and UAD plug in eco system. This is only my personal preference, but I find it better to stick with one Software DAW. Which is why I think it's important to research the pro and cons of each.

Installing too many plug ins and VSTi can be problematic to the system, I find this is where people start getting crashes, freezes, and corrupt projects. I always dedicate a rig to one DAW and a select amount of plugs and VSTi. Not just for workflow consistency, but so I don't have the head ache of updating them all and problem solving issues. :nod:

I enjoy the Console 1 and I only use it to control the plug ins. The key is to setup a template, so all the user has to do is launch their Software DAW and go. I didn't need the fader because, my desk handles that. I did get the Console 1 to work with the MPC in standalone, but it's very limited and not worth it.
By Danoc Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:13 am
@Bezo and Fresh and general.

Get and familiarize yourself with many DAWs as you can! More knowledge the better. If you're just a hobbyist then ok if you don't explore that and use one piece of DAW l understand.

I can walk into any situation where there is the most popular DAWs at someone's else stoo and get to work. Protools was my first DAW. Reason my Second. Now S1. But btween those lve leraned to use FL, ABLive, Cubase, DP, and Logic.

Having a great computer will allow a producer not to worry about having multiple Daws on your computer. I have a blown out PC l don't worry at all.

If a person has multiple drum machines then a person can have more than one DAW. Plus it saves you embarrassing yourself talikng about a DAW that you don't have.

https://macprovideo.com/article/pro-too ... an-one-daw
________
By CharlesRandolph Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:36 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:Console one works great and is ideal for the Softube and UAD plug in eco system. This is only my personal preference, but I find it better to stick with one Software DAW. Which is why I think it's important to research the pro and cons of each.

Nothing is wrong with having multiple DAWs if that's your preference. But this conversation is about MPC and Softtube Console One. So please enlighten me, on how you incorporate Console one and the MPC together. :popcorn:
By Fre$hBreath Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:11 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Bezo wrote:Yeah, the FP16 (& FP8) automatically assign faders to the controls of 3rd party plugins, at least from what I saw in a recent update vid. No knobs and occasional use of Logic are the hang ups.

Console one works great and is ideal for the Softube and UAD plug in eco system. This is only my personal preference, but I find it better to stick with one Software DAW. Which is why I think it's important to research the pro and cons of each.

Installing too many plug ins and VSTi can be problematic to the system, I find this is where people start getting crashes, freezes, and corrupt projects. I always dedicate a rig to one DAW and a select amount of plugs and VSTi. Not just for workflow consistency, but so I don't have the head ache of updating them all and problem solving issues. :nod:

I enjoy the Console 1 and I only use it to control the plugins. The key is to set up a template, so all the user has to do is launch their Software DAW and go. I didn't need the fader because my desk handles that. I did get the Console 1 to work with the MPC in standalone, but it's very limited and not worth it.

I don't expect anyone to agree with me, but I believe it's a case by case basis. I own all the major DAWs because I have to. Aside from producing an eclectic sort of indie funk, jazz, and soul bands, I also work with boom bap artists, and I do producer to producer services like exclusive sound design and mixing beats and records.

I prefer for my clients to send me their sessions rather than a zip file of tracks, because it's better when I prepare the rendering of the tracks to get the very best mix.

If someone is doing everything themselves, then I support the 1 DAW ideology, but for someone like me who provides production services I need all the advantages I can get, this is especially true when I'm brought in on a video game or film project by another producer or composer who needs my help...
By Danoc Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:21 am
Well l agree with you. We're in the same boat.

Fre$hBreath wrote:I don't expect anyone to agree with me, but I believe it's a case by case basis. I own all the major DAWs because I have to. Aside from producing an eclectic sort of indie funk, jazz, and soul bands, I also work with boom bap artists, and I do producer to producer services like exclusive sound design and mixing beats and records.

I prefer for my clients to send me their sessions rather than a zip file of tracks, because it's better when I prepare the rendering of the tracks to get the very best mix.

If someone is doing everything themselves, then I support the 1 DAW ideology, but for someone like me who provides production services I need all the advantages I can get, this is especially true when I'm brought in on a video game or film project by another producer or composer who needs my help...
By CharlesRandolph Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:59 am
Fre$hBreath wrote:I don't expect anyone to agree with me, but I believe it's a case by case basis. I own all the major DAWs because I have to. Aside from producing an eclectic sort of indie funk, jazz, and soul bands, I also work with boom bap artists, and I do producer to producer services like exclusive sound design and mixing beats and records.

In that particular use case I agree. I did productions service, but I always requested OMF, due to Software Daws interoperability. The main issues I ran into was, plug in and vsti because those things did not transfer over. As you know this is why so many use to and still do work in PT.

So it was important to keep up with the latest and attempt to have identical systems. Now if I do accept a mix session, I always request dry stems. But In your situations, I would imagine you request them to use all built in VI and Plug Ins in their sessions.

In today's time, there are way to many vi and plug in to keep up with. :lol:
By Fre$hBreath Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:39 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:

In that particular use case I agree. I did productions service, but I always requested OMF, due to Software Daws interoperability. The main issues I ran into was, plug in and vsti because those things did not transfer over. As you know this is why so many use to and still do work in PT.

So it was important to keep up with the latest and attempt to have identical systems. Now if I do accept a mix session, I always request dry stems. But In your situations, I would imagine you request them to use all built in VI and Plug Ins in their sessions.

In today's time, there are way to many vi and plug in to keep up with. :lol:

Are you using a Mac or a Windows-based machine? I don't care about all that Apple vs PC stuff, I'm just seeking to gain perspective...
By CharlesRandolph Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:47 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:Are you using a Mac or a Windows-based machine? I don't care about all that Apple vs PC stuff, I'm just seeking to gain perspective...

I use both, but my main RIG is Window based because my Software DAW is only on Windows. MAC, Windows, Linux I use them all.
By Danoc Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:00 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:Are you using a Mac or a Windows-based machine? I don't care about all that Apple vs PC stuff, I'm just seeking to gain perspective...

So Fresh how's it going with the C1 and Fader joints? Did you do Synth God track with S1? Cause it's really tight, and sounds great. One day I wanna start mixing in S1, to get a different feel than Reason. But I am in love with that SSL9000k emulation. :lol: :lol: Don't judge me bro LOL

That fader joint you have looks nice. How many tracks can you rock with that? As many as your computer can take? Now the only thing I don't like about that fader 1 is the faders, they look plastic, for the price they should of at least hit it with some Pro FADER KNOB CAP metalized ALPS faders. That's what I have on mines and it's just so smooth, feels like I am working on an analog joint. Are you comfy with the fader caps you have or will you change the fader caps? My boy did that for his Mackie and he changed the lights because they were going dim and they were blurry.

By Fre$hBreath Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:09 pm
I'm using Console 1 with MPC Software at this very moment and it works well as far as the plugin's main functions are concerned. I can shape my virtual instruments the way I want them to sound before printing them for a final mix in Studio One, so this is good. The labeling each track and not having access to the transport is a slight annoyance, as long as I can shape the sound before the rendering process, I'm good with the way it works for now...
By Fre$hBreath Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:27 pm
If Akai Professional and Softube could work together on making MPC Software work together in harmony, this could be the illest workflow solution...

By Danoc Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:17 am
Dope vid!

I don't see Akai doing that with Softube. Akai gotta a lot of kinks to workout and l don't see softube getting with Akai.

Im glad your work flow is rockin for you. I got my 40 inch screen and lm waiting for my speaker monitor stands to get here. Tuesday l might be able to put it up and let you see my before and after. Im looking into C1, l might get it. Not the fader though.

Fre$hBreath wrote:If Akai Professional and Softube could work together on making MPC Software work together in harmony, this could be the illest workflow solution...