MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By DjsFury Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:57 am
Please let me know how to re-install factory contents into internal space.
Few days ago. I deleted whole folder by my mistake, actually by curiosity. After that, It is not possible to see the demo and template selection page(start-up page??) as in the original state.
I'm already emailed Akai support team as well.
Anyone who know the solution for that?
By EnochLight Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:12 am
DjsFury wrote:Please let me know how to re-install factory contents into internal space.
Few days ago. I deleted whole folder by my mistake, actually by curiosity. After that, It is not possible to see the demo and template selection page(start-up page??) as in the original state.

Yes, I can give you very detailed instructions (that were created by Akai tech support). Which MPC do you have?
By Yorgos Arabatzis Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:13 am
You have to contact support in order to send you a zip file with factory content and guide you to install it.
Edit*
But ye if someone has an experience with it can help too ^
DjsFury wrote:Please let me know how to re-install factory contents into internal space.
By EnochLight Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:05 pm
ringmaker wrote:if you get the file, could you please post it here?

I did that once, and the forum nazi police (oh hey charlie!) got their panties in a bunch, so it's not recommended. :nod:

I think the content (might?) vary depending on the One, Live, and X. Always best to contact support and get the correct content file sent to you.
By DjsFury Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:18 pm
EnochLight wrote:

Yes, I can give you very detailed instructions (that were created by Akai tech support). Which MPC do you have?

:-D MPC One
By EnochLight Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:45 pm
DjsFury wrote:
EnochLight wrote:Yes, I can give you very detailed instructions (that were created by Akai tech support). Which MPC do you have?

:-D MPC One

Here's the instructions:

1. Contact Akai support and submit a request for the MPC One Factory Content restoration file.

2. Once they send you the link, do the following:

I’ve written out some steps to help guide you through the process.

We can restore all of the MPC content with one file and a USB drive or SD card (exFAT format, at least 16GB capacity). I recommend using a USB flashdrive over an SD card. I have noticed people having some difficulty performing this procedure with an SD card.

Follow these steps to perform the reset:

1. Download the content file.

2. Extract the file from the zipped folder once completed.

3. Place the autorun folder on the root of an empty flash drive or SD card with at least a 16Gb capacity.

4. Insert the drive into the MPC.

The content installation should begin automatically. Do not touch or power off the MPC during this process. The MPC will restart once this process is completed. It takes about 15-20 minutes to update.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Technical Support Representative
By MPC-Tutor Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:13 pm
EnochLight wrote:
I did that once, and the forum nazi police (oh hey charlie!) got their panties in a bunch, so it's not recommended. :nod:

That was me. We can't be distributing the factory content here on the forum. Ultimately it's copyrighted to Akai and they do charge money for it. It isn't free or public domain content.

An email to Akai support with a note of your serial number will result in them sending you the appropriate installer file.
By EnochLight Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:24 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:That was me. .

In the thread I am referring to, it wasn't you. Unless you had him acting on your behalf. Regardless, it's done and over, hence why I recommended the OP get in touch with Akai. :)
By EnochLight Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:29 am
DjsFury wrote:Thanks.. I emailed to technical support. ths so much..

No worries - good luck! It's likely their support will take a while to get back to you - they're having a rough time during this whole pandemic thing. Don't be afraid to submit multiple requests until they answer you.
By EnochLight Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:05 am
justineastwick wrote:It’s crazy to think that we can’t take all that content off and use the internal storage the way we want to. I feel like my MPC Live is more Akai’s machine than it is mine.

Well, they give you plenty of options to add your own storage - almost limitless - and they need to have an area that stays collectively part of the MPC/OS no matter what, so I don't see what the big deal is. The included storage via the built-in is so ridiculously small by today's standards, I don't know anyone who would want to rely on it anyway.
By DjsFury Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:55 am
EnochLight wrote:
DjsFury wrote:Thanks.. I emailed to technical support. ths so much..

No worries - good luck! It's likely their support will take a while to get back to you - they're having a rough time during this whole pandemic thing. Don't be afraid to submit multiple requests until they answer you.

hahaha... i'm not worring... Already email 4 times by now, but nothing i've got from Akai support team.
I'm about to get annoyed,,, ^^
Anyway.. Thank you EnochLight ^^
By EnochLight Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:05 pm
DjsFury wrote:hahaha... i'm not worring... Already email 4 times by now, but nothing i've got from Akai support team.
I'm about to get annoyed,,, ^^
Anyway.. Thank you EnochLight ^^

Full disclosure - I've had their support answer in 48 - 72 hours, and i've had their support take weeks to answer. Let us know if you're able to get things sorted.