MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By justineastwick Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:14 pm
EnochLight wrote:
justineastwick wrote:It’s crazy to think that we can’t take all that content off and use the internal storage the way we want to. I feel like my MPC Live is more Akai’s machine than it is mine.

Well, they give you plenty of options to add your own storage - almost limitless - and they need to have an area that stays collectively part of the MPC/OS no matter what, so I don't see what the big deal is. The included storage via the built-in is so ridiculously small by today's standards, I don't know anyone who would want to rely on it anyway.

Yeah, no big deal, but a deal is still a deal... LOL. I did add a 1TB HDD to my MPC Live, but it would be nice to access that part of the storage too. I think that’s one of my biggest complaints with my MPC Live - maybe it’s just the fact that I can’t load up my templates properly (that’s what my dumb ass gets though for deleting the folders). But, I’ve always wiped my MPCs and started from scratch - did it with my MPC1000 and will probably do it with my MPC X (when I get it).
By EnochLight Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:41 pm
justineastwick wrote:[But, I’ve always wiped my MPCs and started from scratch - did it with my MPC1000 and will probably do it with my MPC X (when I get it).

I hear ya', but this is your critical mistake. The MPC1000 (which came out in 2003) and the new generation touch-based MPC's (that's the One, Live 1 & 2, and X) are so far removed from each other regarding OS implementation - separated by 14 or 15 years, that you simply cannot wipe the factory content without consequences. The Akai that made the MPC1000 and the Akai of today (owned by InMusic) are two vastly different companies.

I strongly suggest you do not wipe the X's factory content if you buy one. Akai themselves caution against tampering with any of the factory content at all.
By Lampdog Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:14 pm
justineastwick wrote:But, I’ve always wiped my MPCs ..... and will probably do it with my MPC X (when I get it).

Don’t do that. It’s a huge mistake.
By Monotremata Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:58 am
justineastwick wrote:It’s crazy to think that we can’t take all that content off and use the internal storage the way we want to. I feel like my MPC Live is more Akai’s machine than it is mine.

Well you can use the internal storage the way you want. Akai allotted you like 6GB of space to do whatever you want with.

The internal storage in general is a bad idea and you'll be making another one of those 'Help I bricked my MPC' posts when you need to reinstall the factory image.
By DjsFury Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:51 am
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:I remember it took them a week to respond in a case of mine.(Before Corona)
Getsatisfaction forum was active then and got a reply from Nick the same day.

oh I see... thx for reply
By DjsFury Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:34 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:
EnochLight wrote:
I did that once, and the forum nazi police (oh hey charlie!) got their panties in a bunch, so it's not recommended. :nod:

That was me. We can't be distributing the factory content here on the forum. Ultimately it's copyrighted to Akai and they do charge money for it. It isn't free or public domain content.

An email to Akai support with a note of your serial number will result in them sending you the appropriate installer file.

do i have reatoration file for mpc one?
akai support team still ain't reply at all..
already 1weeks gone..

if they didnt answer, let me know how to restore my mpc one? already 1week gone
By EnochLight Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:51 am
DjsFury wrote:do i have reatoration file for mpc one?

I don’t know - do you? Is this a rhetorical question?

DjsFury wrote:akai support team still ain't reply at all..
already 1weeks gone..

Yes, it was mentioned earlier to submit multiple request as they tend to take weeks now.

DjsFury wrote:if they didnt answer, let me know how to restore my mpc one? already 1week gone

To restore the factory content of your MPC One, you’ll need the Factory Content restoration file. I have the MPC Live 2, which has different content.
By DjsFury Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:12 am
EnochLight wrote:
DjsFury wrote:do i have reatoration file for mpc one?

^^ sorry. i mean "do you"

I don’t know - do you? Is this a rhetorical question?

DjsFury wrote:akai support team still ain't reply at all..
already 1weeks gone..

Yes, it was mentioned earlier to submit multiple request as they tend to take weeks now.

DjsFury wrote:if they didnt answer, let me know how to restore my mpc one? already 1week gone

To restore the factory content of your MPC One, you’ll need the Factory Content restoration file. I have the MPC Live 2, which has different content.

so only way I can do is just waiting for akai reply... right?
By EnochLight Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:01 pm
DjsFury wrote:so only way I can do is just waiting for akai reply... right?

Unless an MPC One owner chimes in and sends you the Factory Content in a PM or something, then yeah - you're in for a long wait. Just keep sending Akai requests until they respond. Maybe even call them.