MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By guildMAN Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:27 pm
Hey everyone,

I use my MPC Live in controller mode with Logic Pro X, running the MPC software as a plugin. Despite endless searching and tinkering, I can't figure out how to send midi out to external gear from the MPC Live while having it in controller mode!

When in standalone, I create a MIDI track and select a midi port, and all works fine. When in controller mode, the only MIDI port options are "<none>" or "DAW". Lastly, when I use controller mode with the MPC Daw itself, I can go into preferences and access the MIDI tab, but when using the plugin in Logic Pro X, the MPC plugin preferences menu doesn't have any MIDI tab.

So to summarize, I want to be able to use the MPC Live in controller mode with the MPC Plugin in Logic Pro X, and want to still use the MPC Live to sequence external hardware synths, etc. Is this possible??? Please help!

Thanks!
By Glm Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:11 pm
Not an expert but Logic is pretty useless for that.
Love logic tho. But I’m told that the au plug-in format does not output midi to your daw.Also midi routing in logic is pretty awful.
In Ableton or cubase it shouldn’t be a big problem with an external instrument rack.
Or try any other daw that can use vst’s.
Or maybe try using the IAC bus could be solution.

Wish I had a solution for using the mpc in
Logic. Now all I do is drag and drop audio and midi to logic unfortunately.