MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By morph860 Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:25 pm
I finally just got an e-mail response from Akai this morning. He didn't answer my question, but asked for more info. I'm guessing that I'll just need to wait for the next software and firmware update for my MPK MK3 to be supported.

Has anyone ever heard back from someone other than Matt F. at Akai? Starting to think he's the only person that works there.
By Komatos Records Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:17 pm
Sorry for the month old necropost but I figured naming Akai employees that assisted me last fall/winter might help others here. Finally catching up on the boards.

Eliza Coolidge worked with me last winter (December 2019 - March 2020). My stability issues that I had with my original MPC X which eventually led to a brand new warranty replacement right before the pandemic hit (thankfully). My original MPC X was sold to me AS NEW from Guitar Center with an online discount and picked up at a local store but obviously wasn’t, since it had issues and also looked like it had some of the previous user’s sequences, etc.

Looking at the contacts on my phone I also have a Joshua Navarro that replied to me once or twice. But Eliza Coolidge was the one who worked with me the most in diagnosing and finally getting a warranty replacement before the 1 year warranty expired. I had bought my original MPC X in April 2019 and didn’t have much time to devote to it until the end of the year due to other stuff going on in my life.
By Monotremata Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:38 pm
Im pretty sure Eliza is long gone.. She was the ONLY person manning the Get Satisfaction forums, and pretty much dropped off the face of the earth a month or two before the whole quarantine/5G Networking pandemic started. Pretty sure she's been gone from Akai since the beginning of the year, she was really cool and helpful though. Josh is also loooooong gone, you could still find posts of his when Get Satisfaction was up and running but they were all from like 2018 and before I think. By the time I got my Studio in May 2019, Eliza was the only rep on there.
By Komatos Records Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:42 pm
Eliza must’ve been there until the pandemic hit because my last email directly to her was a week before the shit hit the fan in mid-March 2020. I had thanked her for all the help getting me the warranty replacement and that the new unit was working fine with no problems whatsoever. It’s truly sad if she’s been let go.