MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By EnochLight Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:58 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Blah blah blah derpa derpa derpa

:roll:

1. and 2. You have no idea of what I have owned in the past or have access to currently, not that this has anything to do with anything. Regardless, I never offered an opinion - I merely questioned why an arbitrary and subjective number was chosen to be the benchmark for "value". Also, you asked 40Beatz originally. You asked me afterwards. I didn't respond because NearTao taught you something instead.

PS: No one cares if you find value in this arbitrary list. :nod: :lol: :popcorn:

Honestly, it seems like you are always looking for debates. Adorable.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:15 pm
SakisX wrote:The 16 qlinks with direct feedback are a good reason for someone to keep the X .
On my One the touch qlink preview was excellent feature ,still not close enough.

Would you spend $1400+ for that feature alone? You could add a Novation Launch Control XL to give more hands on for $150.
By EnochLight Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:25 pm
Adding on external control equipment to an MPC One can of course get you much of the X's features for less money (minus the extensive button shortcuts, Q-Link OLED displays, and Direct Monitor feature to name a few), but the whole point is to have a single device in a streamlined device package. If that last part isn't important to a user, then the X still makes a compelling option (though IMHO, it's still grossly overpriced at $2200 USD).
By CharlesRandolph Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:54 pm
Lampdog wrote:Access to all 16 at the same time is nice, but, just for that, no.

By releasing the Force, Live MK II, and MPC ONE, they pushed the MPC X to the back of the line and devalued it's place in the line up. I think they should've just released only the MPC X and put everything into that one machine. I would've stayed with it, but I saw how they were all over the place and I bowed out.

At this point, the 4 MIDI out and 2 Midi in, CV, 10 OUTS and 4 ins just don't hold the same weight as it did before and I still track my MPC 4000'S in real time synced together. This is my first time I ever downgrading from the Flagship device. But I was getting 95% of the same functions for less.
By 40Beatz Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:26 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Name me 10 important features that the MPC X can do that the MPC ONE can't.

P.S. Your suburban has a Chevy Spark engine in it. :lol:

Save to HDD/SSD
See the Card when hooked up to the computer
Less Menu Diving
More Midi Outs
Bigger Screen for my Old Eyes :lol:
Sturdier
More Buttons lol
More Inputs
More Dedicated CV outs
More USB Connectors\
USB 3.0

:lol: :lol:
By 40Beatz Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:33 pm
The X is the Old Guy right now. Everyone wanted the Live to Have X-like qualities. Akai Gave us several updates to get it up to X-standards. Akai even Created the One with a Few X-like Qualities.

Now i believe its time for Akai to Beef up the X to really get everyone Angry :lol:
By Eyalc Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:50 pm
Man, if you're nice like that, you're nice like that. If you're wack like that, you're wack like that.

Extra buttons, more ram, more CV outs, more direct outs, a bigger screen, more plugins, etc, aren't gonna change that. Have the X and want to downgrade? Do it. Have the One and want to upgrade? Do it. Wack or nice will follow you to either one. No sense in debating which is best. I want to know what you DO with either one.

So choose which ever one makes you happy. What matters isn't which one is better. What matters is if you're nice or wack. Focus people! You guys are making pages of threads debating number of buttons and stuff. LOL

And btw, Songs About You is currently sitting at #1 on the UK-based Global Soul Chart. I know, I know - more shameless self-promotion. LOL Lamp delete this if you need to.

https://globalsoulradio.com/chart/
By Danoc Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:27 pm
:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: You're definitely right, I can kick ass with my LPD8 and do drums on the spot, lickidee split! When I had the Live, I had no problem with the QLink operation, I was going to get the X, but no need for it, as I was right cause I didn't need the Live, so I sold it. I don't need a house full of freakin equipment to make a 4 minute track LOL :lol: :lol:

I mean each selection of the MPCs are to one's own needs, if you need the X, get it, if you need the Live/Live II, get it, if you just need the One, get it. I wouldn't argue about that, but Enoch is spot on!

I just got my stoo done, so when certain singers/songwriters come over they can be comfy and have that feel.
Once again Thank you Lampdog for the advice about the blue light!

THIS NEEDED TO BE SAID!!!

If you're wack like that, you're wack like that.

:Sigh: :WTF: Not another promo LOL Lmao :lol: :lol: :lol: You snuck that on me LOL

Eyalc wrote:Man, if you're nice like that, you're nice like that.

If you're wack like that, you're wack like that.

Extra buttons, more ram, more CV outs, more direct outs, a bigger screen, more plugins, etc, aren't gonna change that. Have the X and want to downgrade? Do it. Have the One and want to upgrade? Do it. Wack or nice will follow you to either one. No sense in debating which is best. I want to know what you DO with either one.

So choose which ever one makes you happy. What matters isn't which one is better. What matters is if you're nice or wack. Focus people! You guys are making pages of threads debating number of buttons and stuff. LOL

And btw, Songs About You is currently sitting at #1 on the UK-based Global Soul Chart. I know, I know - more shameless self-promotion. LOL Lamp delete this if you need to.

https://globalsoulradio.com/chart/
By Danoc Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:35 pm
From the statement of the OP, it looks like the X, is not needed because he could get by just using The One. His experience is something like mines, where you don't need all the buttons etc. That's fine, that's why there are different ones so you can choose. More Standalones are being made also by other companies and people can make that choice with that also.

My main thing is have fun, pick the right equipment for you and keep it moving whether it's a hobby or making guap!

@The OP, did you ditch the X yet? Or are you keeping it?

Peace
By Danoc Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:48 pm
Eyalc wrote:
Danoc wrote: :Sigh: :WTF: Not another promo LOL Lmao :lol: :lol: :lol: You snuck that on me LOL

Hahahaha

Yo E, did you do your music on your X or in a DAW or both? Where did you do the mix at? :worthy: Sounds dam good!