MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By kalibhakta Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:51 am
Hey Dudes,

I just got the MPC Live 2 and have been digging it so far. Today I started to explore using it as a MIDI controller and hit a major wall.

When I play pad #4 it triggers an extra not every damn time. This happens if I am in pad perform mode or not and ruins every especially when it triggers arpeggiation because it's bouncing much higher. I have no idea how or why this is happening.

Apart from that, buttons all the other buttons are triggering notes too! So If I try to record, pressing transport controls generates sounds and throws everything off.

It's happening with Full Level, 16 Level, Step Seq, TAP etc.

This is a bit of a head wringer and I have no clue how something so simple can get so mixed up.
By EnochLight Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:57 pm
kalibhakta wrote:Hey Dudes,

I just got the MPC Live 2 and have been digging it so far. Today I started to explore using it as a MIDI controller and hit a major wall.

When I play pad #4 it triggers an extra not every damn time. This happens if I am in pad perform mode or not and ruins every especially when it triggers arpeggiation because it's bouncing much higher. I have no idea how or why this is happening.

Apart from that, buttons all the other buttons are triggering notes too! So If I try to record, pressing transport controls generates sounds and throws everything off.

It's happening with Full Level, 16 Level, Step Seq, TAP etc.

This is a bit of a head wringer and I have no clue how something so simple can get so mixed up.

Maybe try lessoning the sensitivity of your pads in settings? Do you have any other hardware hooked up during this anomaly?
By kalibhakta Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:18 pm
Everything is set up as simple as can be...

AKAI MPC Live II connected to Macbook pro as a controller for MPC software.

I narrowed down the problem with PAD PERFORM mode and the Live II screen:

No matter what the scale & octave setting is, the extra pad being triggered is B flat4. On every scale where B flat 4 is visible, I can see it lights green when I press pad #4 on any bank.

So pad #4 is triggering the note B flat4 regardless of any setting or plugin I use.
By EnochLight Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:32 pm
kalibhakta wrote:Everything is set up as simple as can be...

AKAI MPC Live II connected to Macbook pro as a controller for MPC software.

I narrowed down the problem with PAD PERFORM mode and the Live II screen:

No matter what the scale & octave setting is, the extra pad being triggered is B flat4. On every scale where B flat 4 is visible, I can see it lights green when I press pad #4 on any bank.

So pad #4 is triggering the note B flat4 regardless of any setting or plugin I use.

Ok, while in controller mode hooked to your computer. Does this phenomenon occur in standalone mode as well?
By kalibhakta Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:16 pm
I tried fooling with it again...

The same problem is there for plugins and keygroups. Pad #4 trigger whatever the assigned not is plus Bb4.

I tried loading up several drum programs from different expansions and the result is even more confusing. Pressing any of the pads triggers an extra note, usually the pad next to the one I press lights up. When I attempt to record of course it is recording both notes!

Im new to using gear and software so this is all super confusing. After buying the MPC Live II, I imagined everything would be pretty easy and simply work, but this is like hitting a wall.
By CharlesRandolph Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:08 pm
kalibhakta wrote:I tried fooling with it again...

The same problem is there for plugins and keygroups. Pad #4 trigger whatever the assigned not is plus Bb4.

I tried loading up several drum programs from different expansions and the result is even more confusing. Pressing any of the pads triggers an extra note, usually the pad next to the one I press lights up. When I attempt to record of course it is recording both notes!

Im new to using gear and software so this is all super confusing. After buying the MPC Live II, I imagined everything would be pretty easy and simply work, but this is like hitting a wall.

Does your settings look like this?

By kalibhakta Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:05 pm
SakisX wrote:Also check midi the midi ports on the software in case there is feedback

This was exactly the right thing... Not sure what the MPC Private and MPC Public settings are about, but I switched them off and it seems to be alright now. There was too much going on.

I thought attaching the MPC Live II via USB as a controller would work without changing settings..

It seemed like such a weird problem--I'll have to seriously get a handle on MIDI so that never happens again.