MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:14 pm
Didn't Akai announce disk streaming and PDC in 3.0?
EnochLight wrote:
Yeah, this is pretty much the biggest use for disc streaming on the standalone devices that I can see (unless it's also incorporated into Keygroup Programs - imagine if we didn't have to worry about how large of a Keygroup sample set there was)?
By EnochLight Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:15 pm
Danoc wrote:Didn't Akai announce disk streaming and PDC in 3.0?

Akai didn't announce anything about MPC Firmware 3.0, let alone confirmed features. Unless you've found something we all missed (please share)!
By 64hz Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:42 am
EnochLight wrote:
64hz wrote:Insightful thread, I wasn't aware of this limitation. Finally I see some use for disc streaming.

Yeah, this is pretty much the biggest use for disc streaming on the standalone devices that I can see (unless it's also incorporated into Keygroup Programs - imagine if we didn't have to worry about how large of a Keygroup sample set there was)?

True, that would be bananas. :worthy:
By ralphyartis' Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:33 am
Cool to see a thread about this. I am about to get into recording vocals on my MPC ONE standalone so the timing is good. I share videos on YT and will be working on something very soon about this process and workflow. I'll make sure to link it back so the OP can get some insight into it. I'm excited, haven't really done too much song writing or recording but want to make this one of my main focuses now.

Never heard of the 5 minute limitation. Although disk streaming would be a nice added feature I don't think that 5 minute limitation will be too big of a deal if my song is under 5 minutes. I'd likely be recording verses, hooks/chorus, over dubs on different tracks so each track most likely wont hit 5 minutes. Also some editing/deleting of silence in areas where there is no performance being recorded could help a lot.

I imagine laying all my verses on one track but they will be two or three separate takes with some silence in between them where the hook is recorded on a separate track.

Just some thoughts. I'll get back with you guys after the weekend with something. Peace.

Edit: Just realized the OP said he wanted to record his performance in 1 take. :WTF: i guess you might run into some issues. Well maybe with the Maschine+ release, Akai might hit us with disk streaming sooner than later.
By Danoc Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:48 pm
EnochLight wrote:
Akai didn't announce anything about MPC Firmware 3.0, let alone confirmed features. Unless you've found something we all missed (please share)!

Nah, l was asking the question. I thought l saw someone say that they saw that at GS. But you just confirmed that it wasn't said. If it was said l would of posted a link for proof.

Peace