MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Cases Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:33 pm
I'm stuck guys, I'm about to splash some cash on a new MPC. I came from the MPC4000, used it for years and now I want something that I can take with me more easily, would be VERY nice to operate with batteries.

So I'm stuck, since I don't like the 500/1000/2500 numark builds from akai, I'm sceptical to buy one in 2020.

I'm leaning towards a MPC One, since it's nice and portable, cheap as well. But how is the build quality? Is there a cat on here that has tried em all? I'm in a place where I can order, but not really get my hands on different kinds of 1000ich dollar boxes.
By Cases Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:37 pm
Or maybe a toraiz? So confused, there is so much nice to get nowadays. I basically want a DAW that fits my backpack, would be very nice to take it to the park with my headphones and a mini piano. I would be in heaven. Also looking at the OP1, but I don't think that will fit my MPC head.

Price is not a thing, I have enough to spend. I just want the right box, as my MPC4000 has served me for a lifetime already, I want something that lasts.
By richie Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:54 pm
Cases wrote:my google is working fine. thats not what I asked.

How about not acting like a prick then?
By NearTao Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:58 pm
Cases wrote:Also looking at the OP1, but I don't think that will fit my MPC head.

If you enjoy sampling one shots, and then pitching them up and down... yeah, you can get some great stuff on the OP-1. If you're more into chopping you're right to be cautious... chopping is doable on the OP-1, but it is not fun. Plus, there really isn't a sequencer, so you're always committing to an audio track. The workflow will break you from thinking about how an MPC works... if you find that good then cool... but if you want the MPC workflow then you're not going to find it here.

The changes can inspire you to new ways to think about projects in general and how to approach things on the MPC... but dang it can be a bear too. Personally I see the OP-1 as more of a toy box... where you can be constantly surprised by what comes out and really stimulate creativity if you can work with it... but when you want to get down to serious meat and potatoes, it's definitely lacking.
By Cases Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:03 pm
NearTao wrote:
Cases wrote:Also looking at the OP1, but I don't think that will fit my MPC head.

If you enjoy sampling one shots, and then pitching them up and down... yeah, you can get some great stuff on the OP-1. If you're more into chopping you're right to be cautious... chopping is doable on the OP-1, but it is not fun. Plus, there really isn't a sequencer, so you're always committing to an audio track. The workflow will break you from thinking about how an MPC works... if you find that good then cool... but if you want the MPC workflow then you're not going to find it here.

The changes can inspire you to new ways to think about projects in general and how to approach things on the MPC... but dang it can be a bear too. Personally I see the OP-1 as more of a toy box... where you can be constantly surprised by what comes out and really stimulate creativity if you can work with it... but when you want to get down to serious meat and potatoes, it's definitely lacking.

Now this obviously was what I was looking for. You helped me out a lot.

I'm in between a MPC One and a Mpc live 2 now. I just dont understand why there are speakers in there but they might actually be nice for some instances.

More leaning towards the MPC One, but it doesnt have a battery yet.
By 40Beatz Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:05 pm
:popcorn:
By 40Beatz Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:53 pm
Lol
It all depends on what you wanna do. Travel and make beats or Stay Stationary at the Studio. Do you still have the 4000?

I would go with the ONE.
By NearTao Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:55 pm
Cases wrote:Ask him, idk. Not sure how that will help me, other than him advertising his overpriced website.

Just curious, what is overpriced on the site in your mind?
By Cases Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:00 pm
40Beatz wrote:Lol
It all depends on what you wanna do. Travel and make beats or Stay Stationary at the Studio. Do you still have the 4000?

I would go with the ONE.

yeah, just ordered it. I sold the 4k last year but the buyer never paid me fully (friend) so he want to return it after I told him about the MPC one I ordered he told me to give it back to me without the need of any cash returns.. meaning I just bought my own MPC4K back for the price of 200 euro.
By Cases Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:02 pm
NearTao wrote:
Cases wrote:Ask him, idk. Not sure how that will help me, other than him advertising his overpriced website.

Just curious, what is overpriced on the site in your mind?

it doesnt add anything to this convo, so lets just park that for another thread shall we?

its just the sole function on a forum, interaction. I can find the link he sent on google myself, thats why I reach out to this forum (for 10 years now!)

its almost an insult to sent a link like that.