MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Pdbeats Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:11 pm
Hey everybody, I’m pretty new to the mpc world. I have an mpc one. I’m wondering if there’s any way I can set the full level velocity value to 100 by default meaning every time I’m in full level, velocity will not pass 100. If anyone knows please help thanks.
By Lampdog Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:39 am
You have Channel Mixer and Track Mixer settings to help with that.

You have Pad Sensitivity settings to help with that.
By 40Beatz Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:41 pm
In Program Edit...I believe you can set each Pad to Trigger in a Certain Velocity Range under the Pan/Velocity Tab

I may be wrong tho
By Lampdog Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:28 pm
Yep, there is no one solution. There are many.
By Lampdog Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:58 am
MPC X since March this year. I still have 2kxl, 4k, and others in storage.
By eLuSiVeMiTe Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:49 pm
Il piggyback here to save cluttering up with another thread. A few days into my X.

Coming from a 1k/25k jjosxl could set an individual pads velocity upper and lower limits.
For eg. Can have normal velocity on hats kicks etc then for a clap it will always trigger at a fixed velocity (or velocity range as set by me)

Only option close I can find is in program edit. Layers. I can set a upper and lower limit for the pad but hitting above/below that figure won't trigger pad. (yup. I know it's for layering samples)

Can this be done or is it a lost cause.

Cheers.
Rob.
By eLuSiVeMiTe Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:24 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:In program edit > modulation, change the AMP setting under 'velocity sensitivity'. Set to 0 for the pad to have no velocity sensitivity (for volume) - i.e. like full level, but will retain other velocity sensitivity, such as filter cutoff . Set to 127 for maximum sensitivity

Excellent. Thanks for the help.

For the most the X feels intuitive but certain things are catching me out. Manual/bible searches have usually produced the answer but not in this case.