MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By eretr Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:36 am
Are there any special settings required to access the SD card files in the MPC One via USB on a Mac? I've got an SD card plugged into the MPC One where I save samples and stuff. I was expecting to be able to see them in Finder if I plugged the MPC One into my Mac using a USB cable. I've tried it in Controller mode and Standalone mode but it doesn't seem any different. In fact, in Controller mode the SD card doesn't show up at all under "Places" in the file browser of the MPC One.

I thought maybe I would have to use the MPC desktop software to see the SD card files, but they don't appear there either.
By Danoc Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:41 am
:lol: :lol: That is bananas! :WTF: is wrong with Akai? :smoker:

kaydigi wrote:
Monotremata wrote:Nope, doesn't work on the One.
Only the Live and X can mount the drives on the desktop.

Probably one of the most bizarre moves I’ve ever saw modern Akai do with the MPC ONE.
By Monotremata Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:13 am
Yeah that shit makes as much sense as leaving the ethernet out of the Live too. The header is right there on the PCB (there's an HDMI out inside too) but nope, gotta save $0.10 and not solder it in.
By 40Beatz Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:27 pm
I think Akai philosophy is.... If you want those Basic Cadillac Features.....Step Up To The More Expensive Units.

If I want 4WD on my Chevy Volt...I would have to Step to a New Blazer or something.

The One is a Cut Down Version of the Live/X. It reflects in the Price. I heard someone say "Neutered" :lol:
By CharlesRandolph Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:38 pm
40Beatz wrote:I think Akai philosophy is.... If you want those Basic Cadillac Features.....Step Up To The More Expensive Units.

If I want 4WD on my Chevy Volt...I would have to Step to a New Blazer or something.

The One is a Cut Down Version of the Live/X. It reflects in the Price. I heard someone say "Neutered" :lol:

I still think it was a mistake.... why allow the machine to do all these other things but that one basic thing. They should've just took away the CV. :lol: But then again, you can't transfer files to a computer while in standalone on any of these modern MPC's. Can the MPC 500 do that kind of basic networking? I thought it could. Maybe, I'm wrong. :popcorn:
By MPC-Tutor Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:48 pm
It's a really odd omission, especially as all of inMusic's legacy MPCs even had this (albeit poorly implemented, having to yank out the USB cable to return to the main OS, JJOS fixed that though).

I can understand dropping other hardware features, but this one is just plain obnoxious :lol:

IMO they should have not bothered with the Live 2 and just made the One with the battery, USB 3 and all the in/outs, charge an extra $100-$150. I guess they were working to a specific price in order to compete with Digitakt etc.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:52 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:It's a really odd omission, especially as all of inMusic's legacy MPCs even had this (albeit poorly implemented, having to yank out the USB cable to return to the main OS, JJOS fixed that though).

I can understand dropping other hardware features, but this one is just plain obnoxious :lol:

IMO they should have not bothered with the Live 2 and just made the One with the battery, USB 3 and all the in/outs, charge an extra $100-$150. I guess they were working to a specific price in order to compete with Digitakt etc.

Maybe it was supposed to be corrected, but COVID 19 hit and they just said. Awww forget it. :lol: Yes, the MPC LIVE II at this point is out of place. They should've just let the MPC LIVE go away and stick to with two machine. As Eyalc said, "PARTS DUMP!"

They could've made the battery modular. If you want a battery, buy one. If you need to replace it, buy one. :nod: If they sold, OEM replacement parts, that would help finance R&D and future releases.
By Danoc Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:29 pm
Monotremata wrote:Yeah that **** makes as much sense as leaving the ethernet out of the Live too. The header is right there on the PCB (there's an HDMI out inside too) but nope, gotta save $0.10 and not solder it in.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OMG LOL yall ain't right LOL :lol: :smoker:
By deek Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:34 pm
Maybe everybody else already knows...? But I just realized that cyu acutally can access the SD card as soon as you switch your MPC one to controller mode! :-D
By Cate Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:27 am
deek wrote:Maybe everybody else already knows...? But I just realized that cyu acutally can access the SD card as soon as you switch your MPC one to controller mode! :-D

Thank you for this - it works!