MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By QuentinB Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:42 pm
I was today years old when I found out I can't copy a pad from one program into another program. Sure we can copy from bank to bank, but sometimes you want to copy to a new program all together lol :WTF:
By Analect303 Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:50 am
By changing the 'copy type' selector you can copy entire banks of pads or ranges (A9 to B5, for example) from one program to another. You don't have to do it one by one as dude suggested.
By dez perado Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:54 pm
QuentinB wrote:Yoooo totally over looked that!! Thanks so much! That's the one spot I did not look up. :smoker:

Don't feel bad I just learned this too thanks analect 303
By renegadebliss Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:12 pm
Can everyone confirm copy "pad" only work for Drum Programs only? I don't seem to have the option for Keygroup programs or with Clip Programs

So I can copy pads from one program to another for regular programs but it doesn't seem to work for Clip programs with this method. Is there another way to do this with Clip programs? Even when in a Clip Program and then you hit the Pencil icon, and then Pad Copy when you go down to "From Program" it only lists regular Drum Programs but does not show at all any of my Clip or Keygroup Programs?

Thx!
By kvmoore Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:27 am
I was just trying to figure out how to do this last night within a keygroup program only to find out there is no option to copy a keygroup.

No option to copy a keygroup!!!!

REALLY AKAI??!!!!!

Please make this possible in a software update. This is a pretty essential function that is already present on older MPCs. Therefore, it should also be included here.
By kvmoore Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:33 am
renegadebliss wrote:Can everyone confirm copy "pad" only work for Drum Programs only? I don't seem to have the option for Keygroup programs or with Clip Programs

So I can copy pads from one program to another for regular programs but it doesn't seem to work for Clip programs with this method. Is there another way to do this with Clip programs? Even when in a Clip Program and then you hit the Pencil icon, and then Pad Copy when you go down to "From Program" it only lists regular Drum Programs but does not show at all any of my Clip or Keygroup Programs?

Thx!

Exactly, I just found this out last night while trying to copy a keygroup only to find out it is not possible.
By Thetwiddler Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:29 pm
kvmoore wrote:I was just trying to figure out how to do this last night within a keygroup program only to find out there is no option to copy a keygroup.

No option to copy a keygroup!!!!

REALLY AKAI??!!!!!

Please make this possible in a software update. This is a pretty essential function that is already present on older MPCs. Therefore, it should also be included here.

Copying a single pad from a keygroup you mean? Dk what u try to do but you can just dublicate the keygroup. U could also record the pad and flatten the audio i guess but i never did that.