MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Jaslau Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:53 pm
Hi,
I just asked myself if this is a common problem or if my MPC One is broken.

My MPC has a buzzing noise on the main output, which increases with the brightness of the Pad lightning. If no pad is lightning it doesnt buzz but the more pads and the brighter, the louder it gets.
Seems like the psu is undersized or the audio power isnt properly separated.
Sometimes I even get small clicks when all of the pad lightning switches on at the same time.

Is it "normal" or should I send it in for repair?
Thanks!
By Modena Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:47 pm
If you haven’t sorted this yet I’d try making sure you have a clean electrical supply
to the MPC. i.e. no other stuff like TV or Washing machine Xmas lights etc. on the same supply ( ring main).
Interference can make buzz noise...
By Sullyban Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:04 am
Just bought mine.
I didn’t notice in the first place, the headphone output is ok with or without lit leds.
Today, I connected the Mpc one to the mixer and I noticed a humming noise whenever the pad leds are on. I went under Menu, pads and turned off the led and no more humming noise.
Don’t think your Mpc is defective. It might only be an engineering issue.
By 40Beatz Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:40 pm
A grounding issue somewhere.
By Ultros Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:03 pm
@ original poster, mine does it too but not on the trs line outs, i only experience it on the headset when the volume is cranked. It doesnt render into my work either so I just ignore it but modena makes a suggestion worth checking before sending it off.

Modena wrote:If you haven’t sorted this yet I’d try making sure you have a clean electrical supply
to the MPC. i.e. no other stuff like TV or Washing machine Xmas lights etc. on the same supply ( ring main).
Interference can make buzz noise...

I second that, power strips and octapus plugs without current regulation are bad news. Need a nice one with surge protector to smooth it out and take away that last bit of hum computers do not seem to like.