MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By re201 Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:39 pm
Ok, so I'm trying the new OS here with my Live (1st version)...

The MPC Live software 2.9 doesn't see the MPC Live hardware IN 2 and OUT port B anymore. I only see the 1st IN/OUT ports, "Internal MIDI" and the "Public" port.

Is this a bug or is there some new MIDI driver that I should install (I'm on Win 10)? The Akai website doesn't provide much information about that.

Also there is still a complete inconsistency between hardware and software concerning the MPC's MIDI ports (I had already noticed that with 2.8 )... every time I switch modes and load a project I've been working on in the other mode, the MPC's hardware midi port assignment gets messed up.
By Dmcghee Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:48 pm
I have experienced the same thing on the MPC X. 2.9 It is not recognizing the MIDI Ins/outs. The use hub for MIDI hardware instruments work as expected. We need an update on this ASAP. I have a Korg Wavestate being delivered today. I need this to work in controller mode to sync Reason Studio to track out the audio from my hardware synths into Reason.
By re201 Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:54 pm
bees80 wrote:Are you sure you put midi channel B (either sync or track) in the general midi settings?

They are showing for me.. Out and input port A and B. Also on 2.9

Yes, I should have specified that before: the ports don't even show up in the MIDI preferences. Are you also using a first version MPC Live unit?

I do have a fairly complex MIDI system, with two MOTU interfaces adding a total of 6 MIDI in/outs, plus a bunch of other USB devices (Keystep controller, etc). I tried temporarily disconnecting some of those, to see if it would force the MPC software to rescan the ports but it didn't change anything.
By Dmcghee Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:12 am
The Korg Wavestate arrived today and all hooked up. However the midi port is not displayed in controller mode. Midi out 2 and 4 not being recognize in controller mode. The Midi clock syncs to Reason Studio with no issues.
Midi out 4 not recognize in stand alone.

I do like the new Drum Synth.
By bees80 Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:27 pm
re201 wrote:
bees80 wrote:Are you sure you put midi channel B (either sync or track) in the general midi settings?

They are showing for me.. Out and input port A and B. Also on 2.9

Yes, I should have specified that before: the ports don't even show up in the MIDI preferences. Are you also using a first version MPC Live unit?

I do have a fairly complex MIDI system, with two MOTU interfaces adding a total of 6 MIDI in/outs, plus a bunch of other USB devices (Keystep controller, etc). I tried temporarily disconnecting some of those, to see if it would force the MPC software to rescan the ports but it didn't change anything.

Yes i got the MK1 Live, and I checked in standalone mode. But by reading, i think you are in controller mode?

Maybe there's a difference between standalone and controller mode...?
By re201 Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:45 pm
bees80 wrote:Yes i got the MK1 Live, and I checked in standalone mode. But by reading, i think you are in controller mode?
Maybe there's a difference between standalone and controller mode...?

Yes indeed. This problem only seems to affect controller mode. In standalone all the ports are visible.
By Komatos Records Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:55 pm
That’s what I was going to ask. As soon as I installed 2.9 I checked to make sure all my preferences hadn’t changed/were the way I wanted them. They were. Along the way I saw the MIDI INs/OUTs were all listed. Then again, I never use controller mode except for transferring new expansion packs from the MPC software to my X hardware.
By maxblack Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:43 pm
Can anyone confirm that in Controller mode running MPC Software 2.8 we could see all the Midi In and Outs in the Preference Midi/Sync Video ? The option to download mpc software 2.8 is no longer available, only 2.6 and 2.9. Thank You!!
By re201 Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:34 pm
maxblack wrote:Can anyone confirm that in Controller mode running MPC Software 2.8 we could see all the Midi In and Outs in the Preference Midi/Sync Video ? The option to download mpc software 2.8 is no longer available, only 2.6 and 2.9. Thank You!!

From what I remember from 2.8... I think I could still see all my MIDI ports in controller mode then, although there was already an inconsistency bug regarding MIDI port assignment when transferring projects from hardware to controller mode and vice-versa.
By styx Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:37 pm
I've only just recently (last few days) gone from 2.7 - 2.8.1 - 2.9. I've had the same problem with the ports disappearing on v2.9.

I backtracked to version 2.8.1 and all the MIDI ports are shown correctly: 1 & 2 in (and Remote), and A, B, C, D & Remote out. And they all work OK. (Not tried the Remotes though.) So it looks like a problem with the 2.9 upgrade.

On both 2.9 and 2.8.1 I note that in Standalone mode (it's an MPC X I have), amongst others, there are Wi-Fi, Ethernet and Bluetooth options in the main Settings menu. As soon as I go to Controller mode these options disappear from the Settings menu. It's not currently a problem for me but losing Bluetooth could be soon. Maybe Wi-Fi and Ethernet disappear as I'm using the MPC software rather than something else via Ableton link?