MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By JAYCUDDER Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:39 am
I'm new to this forum but I have looked around and see plenty of people talking bugs but no one seems to have the issue I am having.

I updated both my MPC Software and Firmware to 2.9. I was prompted and updated my MPC Live II about 4 times before it finally stopped prompting me and actually took the update.

The issue I'm having now, is I can't save any projects to my internal SSD anymore. I used it this morning, perfectly fine. Stepped out, came back and did the updates and now I can't save ANYTHING.

I can access my projects fine and they load properly with no problem. I've even tried just dragging them out of the internal drive and attempting that way, but no luck.

The only solution I found was, I have to load each project manually and then "Save Project As..." to a completely new folder. That's the ONLY way I'm able to save the projects AFTER loading them up again.

I'm wondering if anyone has come across this issue when doing the update? My MPC Software crashes way more often now too, almost every single time I load up a different project.

I've been using my equipment for months now, no issues whatsoever. Literally the moment I update the software, because AKAI prompts you nonstop if you don't, and now I can't even work properly. A real let down but so far, this update really sucks as I can't even enjoy any part of it.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all out of options here. Thanks in advance.
By bra10 Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:18 pm
Hi,
I´m facing the exact issue. I updated from 2.7 to 2.9 and afterwards couldn´t save my projects anymore.

Meanwhile I did a roll back to 2.8 and all seems to be fine, saving without any problems.

bra10
By Danoc Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:30 pm
I never immediately upgraded with the MPC upgrades. I would down load but hold it for about 2 months. By that time another up grade dropped.

Are you buying 3.0 when it drops?
By Danoc Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:51 pm
ralphyartis' wrote:Yes. I'm also having this issue. I've tried saving to an SD card and usb flash. No luck.

Dammmm :shock:
Do you have your SD or USB formatted to exfat? If you don't this may be the problem
By ralphyartis' Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:19 pm
Danoc wrote:
ralphyartis' wrote:Yes. I'm also having this issue. I've tried saving to an SD card and usb flash. No luck.

Dammmm :shock:
Do you have your SD or USB formatted to exfat? If you don't this may be the problem

Well I formatted with the MPC and have been using them for all my samples and projects up until this point, since the 2.9 upgrade.
By Danoc Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:29 pm
Dam. Your finished projects you take to the computer in a DAW? If so l would format from the computer. If it doesn't work then the bug is 2.9
By The KikGen Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:32 pm
Hmmm, sounds like files grants issue in the MPC linux in that version.

Download a modified 2.9 MPC SSH image here https://github.com/TheKikGen/MPC-LiveXplore.
Update as usual (with an usb key, follow the instructions), and connect your MPC to the network (activate wifi in the settings menu).
Then you will have a remote access to your internal sdcard, at /media/
Only the ssh configuration was changed. Nothing else.
If you have a linux PC and a Mac OS-X, you can enter directly the url in a file browser like "sftp://root@<ip addr>"
If windows, download WinSCP. You can save the entire project folder to your computer with a drag and drop.
Hope this will help !
By jamos Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:03 am
I have saved to SSD successfully a couple of times since the update, but it's only one project that I have worked with. I will have to do some testing over the next few days to see if I want to go backwards.

I have had problems with solo and mute.
By bra10 Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:09 am
jamos wrote:I have saved to SSD successfully a couple of times since the update, but it's only one project that I have worked with. I will have to do some testing over the next few days to see if I want to go backwards.

I have had problems with solo and mute.

I can only save projects without any MIDI information for my external gear.

I played around with the DrumSynth and saved this MPC-only project without a problem.
By 40Beatz Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:22 pm
Reset the Settings after Updating and Try it again