MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By JJG Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:15 am
Does anyone know why my time stretch for two of the samples are different theyre from the same song just different parts of it. I tried putting in the same tempo but they sounded off.
By dsy73 Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:53 am
Because the original sound is different and the algo is weak (not enough power).
For example, if there is a ride sound in the original part and no ride on another, you cannot get the same results. An acoustic ride sound is very rich in frequencies.
By 64hz Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:30 pm
Did you chop them correctly?
By J.O.BEATS Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:35 pm
If you’re in controller mode use warp then just adjust the original samples tempo until it sounds good with your project tempo

If you’re chopping different parts of a sample they are going to be slightly different tempos. use warp to adjust each individual chops original tempo. You might have one chop at 67 bpm and another at 72 etc etc
By EnochLight Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:01 pm
dsy73 wrote:the algo is weak (not enough power).

Hmmm... are you talking about the offline time stretch algo, or the realtime Audio Warp algo? The time stretch feature does all time-stretching offline and sounds just fine. Unless you meant to say the Audio Warp algo, in which case I'd agree - in standalone (though Pro Ten is noticeably better than the old "basic" setting).
By JJG Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:27 pm
justineastwick wrote:Try pitching them to match each other.

I’ve tried doing that but the drums are off
By EnochLight Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:32 am
JJG wrote:
justineastwick wrote:Try pitching them to match each other.

I’ve tried doing that but the drums are off

Post a video demonstrating the issue you're having, because none of us are experiencing this.
By bees80 Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:56 am
64hz wrote:Did you chop them correctly?

According to some users, you can't even chop a sample when there are bugs in the MPC. Instead, go to jail, then to start, and complain about complainers who complain about complainers on an online forum.
By JJG Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:54 am
I’ve tried doing that but the drums are off[/quote]

Post a video demonstrating the issue you're having, because none of us are experiencing this.[/quote]

How do you do that on here lol
By dsy73 Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:19 am
JJG wrote:
Post a video demonstrating the issue you're having, because none of us are experiencing this.

How do you do that on here lol

Upload your video to youtube and post the link here
By JJG Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:25 am
Lol forgot to reply on here but all I had to do is record a minute of the song or until I got to the part I like and chop it up because for some reason is I time stretch different recording the bpm is different
By Ajax Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:53 pm
The time stretching and bpm detecting functions aren’t perfect.... and songs that you sample almost never have exactly the same bpm at different points in the track (especially for non-electronic music — I.e., anything from pre-1980s and/or with live instrumentation, particularly drums).

I routinely need to tweak bpms slightly when I use different loops from the same track.. It’s not abnormal. You just need to play with whatever you’re making and use your ears...