MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By downer Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:47 pm
having various problems ...since updating to 2.9 all my pads are muted ...ie i can see in pad assign that the pads have samples, but pressing pads gives no audio...plus the pad assign function seems broken , i load samples but then i can no longer assign them in the pad assign window...the interface just seems squirly...been trying to hook my mpc live up to my pc ...and THIS was a real headache...plus the task of loading projects onto an external usb for transfer to pc has been a nightmare...all in all my mpc live has gone from an amazing machine to an unpredictable dickaround...any thoughts...all suggestions welcome :WTF:
By johnnytravels Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:47 am
downer wrote:having various problems ...since updating to 2.9 all my pads are muted ...ie i can see in pad assign that the pads have samples, but pressing pads gives no audio...plus the pad assign function seems broken , i load samples but then i can no longer assign them in the pad assign window...the interface just seems squirly...been trying to hook my mpc live up to my pc ...and THIS was a real headache...plus the task of loading projects onto an external usb for transfer to pc has been a nightmare...all in all my mpc live has gone from an amazing machine to an unpredictable dickaround...any thoughts...all suggestions welcome :WTF:

I had the same issue on my brandnew Live 2, so I put the machine in controller mode to see if something like the hardware pad controller was broken and was able to play w/o problems on the MPC software. After returning to standalone, the pads worked again. Turned it off and on, and the machine crashed completely. After getting it running again (basically waiting for it to shut off and turning it on again), I haven't had any further problems.

I agree with your overall assessment. The software running on the MPC is years old and has received numerous updates. Something like this happening is simply unacceptable. I am considering returning the MPC for software problems.