MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By QuentinB Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:22 am
So I'm messing around with the arp on my mpc, and when I'm not recording I have a pattern I really like. When I hit record and play the same pads, the arp is playing a different set of note patterns than when it's not recording. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
By QuentinB Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:49 pm
Actually think it was the Arp pattern, had it set to Pinky Up. When I played the arp without recording it had a particular pattern, but when you hit record that patter started the right way, but hitting the next pad/chord the pattern would continue from the previous pad. So I switched it to just Up and changed the timing to mimic the same speed I heard when I wasn't recording. That solved it.

The arp has some odd behavoirs, I've gotta dig into that section of the MPC bible more.
By Cases Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:57 pm
Arps need some TLC to learn how to play them live indeed xD. It's not just the MPC, it's RPG's in general, of you ain't quantizing, it can be pretty challenging to make a fluent loop since the "arpeggio" in terms of note length and timing/intervals will be based on quantized grids.