MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MoonsOfJupiter Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:27 am
Hey all,

I tried searching this problem but can't find the solution. I'm using MPC Live in standalone mode. I downloaded Beats but had issues and prefer to just keep my music on the MPC, it's going well.

I bought the Jupiter Rising expansion a few days ago. It came with 3 choices to download, zip, pkg, exe, The zip download worked to load onto a created Expansions folder on my SD card and it showed up on my MPC perfectly (and I love that it didn't take any space on my internal MPC drive but shows up like it is).

Encouraged, I bought the HookCity, Melodic Horizons and Urban Roulette expansions bundle for $9.99 total.

But there are no zip files to download, just pkg (which installs ito Beats or 2.0 software) and exe. I can't find the expansions on my mac hard drive anywhere and am frustrated.

It doesn't say that these are Beats expansions just MPC Expansions. I figured I could find the samples and programs and transfer to my SD card. Wondering why there are no zip files in my order,

Anyone know what to do and can help?
By MPC-Tutor Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:10 am
Those three are older expansions that were released before 'standalone'expansions existed, so you'll just get a standard installer for the computer. I don't think Akai thought of retrospectively adding standalone versions to their older releases (would literally take 5 minutes)

Install it on your computer, open up the mpc software and go to file > export > expansion. Select the source disk (your mpc disk) and select the expansions you wish to export. Hit export.
By kaydigi Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:20 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Those three are older expansions that were released before 'standalone'expansions existed, so you'll just get a standard installer for the computer. I don't think Akai thought of retrospectively adding standalone versions to their older releases (would literally take 5 minutes)

Install it on your computer, open up the mpc software and go to file > export > expansion. Select the source disk (your mpc disk) and select the expansions you wish to export. Hit export.

The way Akai handled Black Friday was a head scratcher. No store wide discount, just three expansions made ages ago.
By Komatos Records Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:47 am
No shit. And the 3 expansion packs and 3 software/virtual instruments plugins are all stuff that most of us own (assuming the majority of us have an MPC X, Live or Live II with all the free software expansions).
By bees80 Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:15 am
kaydigi wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:Those three are older expansions that were released before 'standalone'expansions existed, so you'll just get a standard installer for the computer. I don't think Akai thought of retrospectively adding standalone versions to their older releases (would literally take 5 minutes)

The way Akai handled Black Friday was a head scratcher. No store wide discount, just three expansions made ages ago.

And 3 spam e-mails about it. Just what we all needed :)