MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Frankensteez Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:20 pm
of buying an MPC One. Question, I want to work within the MPC One as a standalone, then mix/edit etc. later in a DAW.

I know there's an export/explode function, but is it easy to export your song/sequences/sounds so they all line up and sound the same as your song structure inside the MPC? Sorry, newbie here....
By NearTao Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:37 pm
The export function works fine for this. If you have specific issues you can also load the MPC Software inside your DAW and record stems from there as well. It's all digital, so where you're going to find the differences in your sound is going to be due to differences in monitors, levels, etc... and not the data itself.
By EnochLight Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:52 pm
Frankensteez wrote:Thanks. To do that do I need an interface with MIDI so it acts like a plug in with the DAW?

No. The MPC Software loads as an instantiated plugin in your DAW of choice, so it's like having a virtual MPC in your DAW. If you don't have a MIDI controller that uses USB, you can always use your MPC One in Controller Mode...
By NewAkaiUser Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:00 pm
Sometimes "bounce to audio" returns an empty file. For me it is more convenient to record a track in ableton than to export it to audio. Before you buy it, read carefully in the forum about the problems of the current MPCs have.
By 83dude Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:06 am
NewAkaiUser wrote:Sometimes "bounce to audio" returns an empty file. For me it is more convenient to record a track in ableton than to export it to audio. Before you buy it, read carefully in the forum about the problems of the current MPCs have.

Are you sure the empty file isn‘t just the unused „Program 001“ that‘s created with every project?
By Frankensteez Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:09 pm
I plan on buying the MPC One, I plan on buying ProTools. Is there another posting, link or article I can reference that will simply tell me how to move my finished MPC tracks/songs/sequences into ProTools? Seems like there are many ways but it's a bit confusing.

Also, what interface do you recommend? I also want to use my hardware synths and I have a few guitar pedals that I may want to use as effects but these can all be added one at a time.
By J.O.BEATS Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:23 pm
NewAkaiUser wrote:Sometimes "bounce to audio" returns an empty file. For me it is more convenient to record a track in ableton than to export it to audio. Before you buy it, read carefully in the forum about the problems of the current MPCs have.

Yes, this happens every time you export stems but its not really a big deal. Just delete that empty file. It really does nothing to hamper the process. Maybe I'm just a bit old school but bouncing stems from my mpc in a matter of seconds is a dope feature despite this small bug