MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By jvbulman Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:04 am
Woodworker friend made this one for me out a chunk of scrap. Works great so far!

By just charlie Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:23 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
just charlie wrote:I use this, works great for me: https://www.etsy.com/listing/808361567/ ... c-one-dual

This looks good. My only issue with it is the angle appears to be steep, which is ergonomically unsafe.

I haven't experienced pain or anything related to ergonomics. It's made to perfectly fit the MPC One, where the rubber feet fit into the stand so it doesn't move around at all, which is nice. All of the alternatives I looked at it's kind of sliding around.
By EnochLight Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:45 am
I ended up 3D printing a stand for my Live (now Live 2).. cost me less than $15 in print substrate. "Ergonomics" are fine... :lol: :

By CharlesRandolph Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:08 am
EnochLight wrote:I ended up 3D printing a stand for my Live (now Live 2).. cost me less than $15 in print substrate. "Ergonomics" are fine... :lol:

"Ergonomics" only matter if you use it more than 5 minutes a week. So you'll be fine. :lol:
By CharlesRandolph Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:17 am
just charlie wrote:I haven't experienced pain or anything related to ergonomics. It's made to perfectly fit the MPC One, where the rubber feet fit into the stand so it doesn't move around at all, which is nice. All of the alternatives I looked at it's kind of sliding around.

What angle does the MPC ONE sit at, hard to tell from the images.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:27 am
jvbulman wrote:Woodworker friend made this one for me out a chunk of scrap. Works great so far!

I like this, what kind of wood did he use?
By bees80 Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:19 am
nah just got this one, it was cheap. I figured out if i put it a bit lower it is much more steady. Now it works pretty well!

You got experience with using a snare drum stand? steady?
By CharlesRandolph Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:19 am
bees80 wrote:nah just got this one, it was cheap. I figured out if i put it a bit lower it is much more steady. Now it works pretty well!

You got experience with using a snare drum stand? steady?

In the past I've used Sonor SS, DW 9000 and they work really well for small drum machines. Perhaps not the best for cable management.