MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By DokBrown Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:26 am
MIDI MAP mapping with an old akai MPD or APC 40

Will an old APC40 link with an MPC LIVE just as good as an old MPD32 ? I assume the APC’s clip/scene matrix & buttons will be useless as it was designed to work the ableton live & has some “proprietary handshake”

I like the Q-LINKS but need some sliders & could really use the cross-fader from the APC40 on my MPC ?
By Yorgos Arabatzis Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:48 pm
It would be dope if AKAI implements Mackie/HUI support and parameter feedback so we can use motorized fader controllers and mixers in standalone mode..Combine that with external class compliant audio interface support so more inputs/outputs can be used would be insane.I remember at some point this was working but AKAI treated it as a bug and removed it..Too bad IMHO..
Imagine the possibilities by hooking up a class compliant motorized mixer like Presonus StudioLive 32SX or Allen & Heath SQ5 :o
I don’t think it’s too hard to be implemented..
By DokBrown Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:20 pm
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:It would be dope if AKAI implements Mackie/HUI support and parameter feedback so we can use motorized fader controllers and mixers in standalone mode..Combine that with external class compliant audio interface support so more inputs/outputs can be used would be insane.I remember at some point this was working but AKAI treated it as a bug and removed it..Too bad IMHO..
Imagine the possibilities by hooking up a class compliant motorized mixer like Presonus StudioLive 32SX or Allen & Heath SQ5 :o
I don’t think it’s too hard to be implemented..

I think I can get 60-80% of what I need [not want] out the AKAI APC40 MIDI MAP’d to my MPC LIVE mk1. At some point, you must accept the limitations of a dedicated machine but we all gotta have a dream . . . . . . . .
By CharlesRandolph Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:54 pm
DokBrown wrote:I think I can get 60-80% of what I need [not want] out the AKAI APC40 MIDI MAP’d to my MPC LIVE mk1. At some point, you must accept the limitations of a dedicated machine but we all gotta have a dream . . . . . . . .

I've created a Midi map for my particular work flow, however the main issue is that the user generated MIDI mapping can't be saved and used globally across all projects in standalone. If it can please fill me in.
By Ultros Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:44 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
DokBrown wrote:I think I can get 60-80% of what I need [not want] out the AKAI APC40 MIDI MAP’d to my MPC LIVE mk1. At some point, you must accept the limitations of a dedicated machine but we all gotta have a dream . . . . . . . .

I've created a Midi map for my particular work flow, however the main issue is that the user generated MIDI mapping can't be saved and used globally across all projects in standalone. If it can please fill me in.

Not with a stock rom no, but user defined midi maps are saved in your projects so an option is to just create a template with the midi map in it and open that for a new project each time.
By Ultros Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:48 pm
god im a boob.. disregard my previous post. (good thing im not afraid to be wrong lol) if you send me a midi mapping for that device... for a different program that it works on and is clearly labled i can port it and stick it in a rom for you... i can see the apc and apc mini being useful toward my project as well.

a

By Calcaire Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:45 pm
There was a big big finding by Kikgen a few weeks ago ... need SSH image and works incredibly good ! I quickly managed to make it work altough I'm not a programmer at all.. Create you full global mapping in software and import it on your standalone MPC

https://github.com/TheKikGen/MPC-LiveXp ... ode-how-to
By DokBrown Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:09 am
Calcaire wrote:There was a big big finding by Kikgen a few weeks ago ... need SSH image and works incredibly good ! I quickly managed to make it work altough I'm not a programmer at all.. Create you full global mapping in software and import it on your standalone MPC

https://github.com/TheKikGen/MPC-LiveXp ... ode-how-to

i'm just seeing this; i will look into it
By DokBrown Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:10 am
ok I was able to get 50-70% of what I wanted out of MIDI mapping my APC40 over the past month.

The main issue I am having is with the following knobs:
cue level -
crossfader –
track control knobs –

cue level – there is no option to map the rec level knob; this is hardware only

crossfader – trying to imitate what ableton/FORCE does with deck A/B
any thoughts here ?

track control knobs – the 4 banks are not working, so I only get 8knobs instead of 32.
I have them mostly mapped to filters at the pad/program or output level.
I have left 4 assignable for the specific project.

BTW – the ableton grid buttons are functional as NOTE/toggle buttons.
I haven’t put much work in here but there is potential.
By DokBrown Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:50 pm
While I would not dare mess with the future machine that is my MPC, the same does not hold true for my APC. I have almost finished this APC40 midi map.

Shout out to DJ tech Tools in the YAY.
These chroma caps are handy for labeling the 16 knobs & 8 faders
PICs coming soon . . . . . . . .

https://store.djtechtools.com/products/ ... and-faders
By DokBrown Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:02 am
the template is 60-80% done but I took these pics this week.
My favorite groovebox is the electribe series but the MPC is powerful with its sequencer / AIRFX, I really enjoy using my simple ANALOG machines.

these are supposed to be view LINKS

By wavejockey Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:54 am
DokBrown wrote:ok I was able to get 50-70% of what I wanted out of MIDI mapping my APC40 over the past month.

The main issue I am having is with the following knobs:
cue level -
crossfader –
track control knobs –

cue level – there is no option to map the rec level knob; this is hardware only

crossfader – trying to imitate what ableton/FORCE does with deck A/B
any thoughts here ?

there was a post here on the forum like a year ago, i think it was from @ calcaire user (posted in this post too) about how to (MIDI) address one parameter -127 (or -64) and then the same parameter (knob) as + 127 (+64)
i think that setup could be used to link to your crossfader
By DokBrown Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:57 pm
I understand that, the tough part is the MPC does not have the assign A/B parameters so the user can seamlessly assign different audio parts to A/B on the crossfader. The new APC40 makes this EZ with ABLETON LIVE.
All I can think is inversely changing the volume levels for 2 audio tracks or programs.

https://www.akaipro.com/apc40-mkii

Assignable A/B crossfader for dynamic mixing on the fly