MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By atasco Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:17 pm
I have an external drum machine which can use incoming MIDI CC for mutes, like this:

Kick - Controller 93 - 0,1 (off, on)
Snare - Controller 93 - 2,3 (off, on)
Closed Hat - Controller 93 - 4,5 (off, on)
etc. etc.

I know that there are a lot of options for customising the way the Q-Links send CC so I could make this work that way but obviously on the Live you only have 4 physical knobs (vs. 11 instruments on the drum machine) and mutes are easier with a pad/button.

It would be ideal if I could do the same kind of mapping for each pad so that, for example, when I press pad A1 it sends a 0 to mute the kick and when I press it again it sends a 1 to unmute it. I've had a dig in the manual and on the MPC itself and unless I'm missing something obvious I don't think it's possible.

Any ideas/suggestions?
By bliprock Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:57 am
Hmm page 320 lampdog. Buuuuuut it wont allow midi CC for pad, only buttons, so if I am reading this right you could say use erase button to send a CC? This is doing my head in a bit cos it says it is sending out midi CC from button but I am not sure cos why no parameter for that said CC set to pad or button, has channel, has CC number, and toggle but no amount, and yeah it is not clear at all what it means to me..
What is kinda crazy is the midi XY controller does affect plug in, and well there is no MIDI map for programs that I have found.. the more I delve into it the more confused I am lol
By Lampdog Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:43 pm
I haven't read or kept up on it since that reply a year ago. I'd have to dig into it and relearn in order to "attempt" to help again.