MPC X, MPC Live & MPC One Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II & MPC One Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By auxels Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:57 am
Hi there, I didn’t find this via a search (“cv” gets ignored because it’s too few characters :WTF:

I’m new to the MPC (just got a Live II), and had a nice time connecting the CV/gate output to my eurorack last night. But, the cable situation I have is a bit janky: 1/8” stereo aux cable into an 1/8” stereo jack to dual mono RCA plug splitter, with RCA to mono 1/8” adapters at the ends. It works, but that combo is basically my Swiss Army knife for figuring out which actual dedicated cables and adapters I need.

So far, I’ve seen that Cordial comes close to making this, with their CFY-WYY adapter, but it’s like most consumer headphone splitters: stereo to stereo. Hosa also makes one, available on Amazon for ~€15 each (so, €60 for all 4 cv gate jacks). Meanwhile, the jumbo 6.3mm version of the splitter can be found for 1/3 the price on Thomann (https://www.thomann.de/intl/pro_snake_tpy_2003_jbb.htm)

So, what adapters are y’all using? And should I expect to have to pay roughly €60 just to get the correct adapters here?

Thanks
User avatar
By EnochLight Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:42 pm
auxels wrote:Hi there, I didn’t find this via a search (“cv” gets ignored because it’s too few characters :WTF:

I’m new to the MPC (just got a Live II), and had a nice time connecting the CV/gate output to my eurorack last night. But, the cable situation I have is a bit janky: 1/8” stereo aux cable into an 1/8” stereo jack to dual mono RCA plug splitter, with RCA to mono 1/8” adapters at the ends. It works, but that combo is basically my Swiss Army knife for figuring out which actual dedicated cables and adapters I need.

So far, I’ve seen that Cordial comes close to making this, with their CFY-WYY adapter, but it’s like most consumer headphone splitters: stereo to stereo. Hosa also makes one, available on Amazon for ~€15 each (so, €60 for all 4 cv gate jacks). Meanwhile, the jumbo 6.3mm version of the splitter can be found for 1/3 the price on Thomann (https://www.thomann.de/intl/pro_snake_tpy_2003_jbb.htm)

So, what adapters are y’all using? And should I expect to have to pay roughly €60 just to get the correct adapters here?

Thanks


I'm just using the inexpensive Black Market breakouts and patch cables that came free with my Live 2 (it was a Sweetwater deal at the time):

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... .5mm-trs-f

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... -exclusive
By auxels Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:46 pm
EnochLight wrote:I'm just using the inexpensive Black Market breakouts and patch cables that came free with my Live 2 (it was a Sweetwater deal at the time):

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... .5mm-trs-f

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... -exclusive


Thanks. These look perfect as well, but surprisingly, I can‘t seem to find a European distributor for them.

I did also find the Hosa cables (YMM-261) in the USA, and they‘re only $5 or $6, so I guess it *shouldn‘t* cost €60 to get four of these, but whether I‘ll be able to find it cheaper is a different story.
User avatar
By EnochLight Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:45 pm
auxels wrote:I did also find the Hosa cables (YMM-261) in the USA, and they‘re only $5 or $6, so I guess it *shouldn‘t* cost €60 to get four of these, but whether I‘ll be able to find it cheaper is a different story.


Yeah, €60 is insanely overpriced for those cables IMHO. These literally cost pennies to make.
By XoGuSi Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:31 pm
I had the same problem and didn't like the solution with adapters. So I created the SteMo module.
It has 4 TRS Stereo Ins and 4x2 TR Mono Outs. It can be also used as an merger to merge 2 Monos to one Stereo and you can also use it as Multi.

You can find it here:
https://xobo.ch/go/stemo/