MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Calcaire Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:44 am
Hello sorry my english is far from perfect... For me this is a MIDI Note Off bug.. I can play the same notes simultaneously on two different channels , but if I hold one and release the another , the released one will "note off" the second note , on another channel, another port....

To reproduce the bug you would need a MIdi keyboard able to send messages on two channels simultaneously .. IF they can "split " :Use your MODA or MPK L in USB or Midi OUT to MPC :

Set two different tracks to Plugin or keygroup program , with sustained sound ( as a pad or brass or lead) .
- Track 1 : PAD : Receiving MODAL channel 1
- Track 2 : BRASS : Receiving MODAL channel 2

Play and Hold a note on track 1
Play the same note on track 2 and hold it.... Release It, the both track will stop playing !

The same if you use Two tracks of MPC MIDI OUT program going to a Multitimbral or "splittable " synth ...
By Calcaire Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:43 pm
jabberwalky wrote:If you guys go back in this same thread, you will see a demonstration video and that this was already the conclusion, and several people have reported it. I sure hope they fix it though, because I want to use my external gear without issues.
i've been chasing each single info about this bug since it appeared a long while ago, when (Fitz ? )noticed it , Can't remember if it was at 2.8 or 2.9 I think... But it's good to up, it makes one more bug report in akai mailbox ... And still a clunky bug in my live config :)
By Mpcisfun Mon May 16, 2022 8:19 pm
Thanks to whoever started this thread. Its an unfortunate bug. Being new to the MPC, I just discovered this and thought maybe there was something wrong on my end but its good to get confirmation it wasn’t. I discovered this while attempting to sequence two different keygroup tracks via external gear on different midi channels. This bug really needs to get more attention and it looks like its been around for so long.

See my post here:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=213737
By Mikhail Shoroh Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:13 pm
I've registered to this forum just to write that I'm struggling this bug too, nice to know that I am not alone :)
This bug stops me from using mpc as a multi-instrument external gear for my cool external sequencer :mrgreen:
Are there any news in your requests to technical support, guys?
Fresh 2.11.4 still has this bug
By Monte Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:52 am
please excuse my bad English
I actually wanted to buy the MPC X, but I only want to control the MPC via Midi-in (as a multi-timbral sound generator). I don't want to run it standalone or do not use the MPC to control other devices.
"My MPC" should only receive midi-notes via midi-in but multichannel and parallel on all 16 midi-chanels from the DAW.

Does this issue still occur with the latest firmware (which one would that be?) - or is it resolved?
By Calcaire Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:05 pm
Akai have not adressed the OP bug, but did "convert" it to a new form :

same midi note On is impossible when using two different controllers///

on 2.11, it's a "multichannel note on" midi bug
By Monte Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:33 am
The manual says something about groups. Can someone try whether the device can be controlled properly with this? i.e. by assigning each track its own group?

"Use the Mute Group field to assign the selected pad to one of the 32 available groups. When pads assigned to the
same mute group receive MIDI notes, the last pad played will silence all other pads in that mute group. A mute group
affects pads within that program only; mute groups do not affect pads in other programs.
By default, each column of pads is assigned to the same mute group. This means only one pad from each column
can be playing its clip at a time. You can use the Mute Group field to configure this any way you like, though. "
By Lampdog Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:59 pm
Mute groups are assigned within a program (32 mute groups per program).
1 program per track.

ex.
track 1, program 1
track 2, program 1
These 2 tracks use the same program with the same mute group(s).
No track separation.

ex.
track 1, program 1
track 2, program 2
These 2 tracks use different programs with the different mute group(s).
There is track separation between PGM 1 & PGM 2.
By Monte Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:04 am
thanks for the explanation. Too bad, I thought there might be a solution here.

I found the following video, maybe these settings will help?

in the video it looks like you can get the desired multitimbral control with the settings: solo/mute/auto. it sounds like it would work, because a continuous lead sound doesn't seem to be interrupted by the drums on the other channels. The video contradicts everything I've read about this bug so far.

can anyone agree that this works?
By Lampdog Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:50 am
What I described for mute groups was internal, no midi.

The vid has nothing to do with mute groups.

I connect other gear to MPC X and this video is correct.
By Monte Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:34 am
dear Lampdog, thanks for the information and sorry, I misunderstood the mute groups because of my bad English.
I'm unsure and don't want to buy an instrument that I can't use for the intended purpose -> use as a multitimbral sound-expander controlled by Midi. I read here and in some other places that the Mpc CANNOT be used as a multi-timbral sound generator and this is the only reason why I haven't bought the instrument yet. but isn't the presentation in the video above the solution to the question here? Or do I missunderstand the question in this thread?