MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By b-righteous Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:46 am
I simply want to load a program to the selected track instead of having to load, go to the track and scroll through a bunch of programs to find the one I want. Even some of the ones there are junk I wound up not using and are using up memory and resources until I manually delete.

Now I can do this from the software by dragging a program file to the track section so where is this feature on the hardware? Tell me I am missing something because the workflow compared to Maschine's browser feels unnecessarily convoluted.

Along with that, I also want an option to replace the currently loaded program from memory when I load a new one to track. If the program it is replacing happens to be used on another track it could give a warning dialog before deleting or something.
By b-righteous Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:50 am
Another thing and not sure if it is a bug. If I select a new track it automatically loads the last selected program to that track. This gets confusing to me. If I select an empty unused track I want it to stay empty until I tell it what I want there.
By Bezo Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:53 pm
Very inefficient behavior in the situations you mention. These are the type of workflow improvements I hope Akai addresses sooner than later.

Add the ability to load midi directly to a track of choice.

Mentioned in another recent post, add an option for track settings to be saved for each track when you return to it instead of defaulting to the settings of the track selected prior.