MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By laken Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:40 pm
(Apologies if this is already answered somewhere on the forum - I was unable to find anything)

I use (and love) the MPC One, standalone.
I recently acquired the MPC Horns samples.
On the same track, I record my trumpet line using one Keygroup Program then the sax using another Keygroup Program and then the trombone line on another Keygroup Program. So they are all then playing together in harmony.

My question is: How can I apply EQ/FX to all three instruments/Keygroup Programs at the same time?

Currently I start with one instrument/Keygroup Program, applying reverb/phaser/whatever to it. I then make a note of the fx/settings and apply the same to the next instrument/Keygroup Program and then do the same to the third one.

Any help/guidance/tips would be most welcome!
By Monotremata Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:21 am
Yeah bus would be the way to go. Phaser you might wanna put one on each track individually instead but if it sounds good as is, that's the goal!

FWIW - next time you dont have to write down your settings, just set up one track and then save each plugins settings as a preset so it only takes a couple seconds to have the whole thing duplicated on another track.