MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By BeatWilson Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:37 am
Monotremata wrote:Yeah man getting busted for graf is not worth it nowadays. Our crew stretched all the way from the Inland Empire out to LA itself. We couldn't do **** without 20 cops watching us everywhere we went hah. Way back in 1991 or so, we had a big battle with a crew from Fontana, the freeway overpasses here got so **** up all our tagging crews made a whole edition of the local paper. Right after that is when all the gangsters got pissed and started showing up at our meetings, all the writers started carrying guns and went from raver gear to white shirts and khakis. Graffiti became a felony here in LA, and if you were underage and got busted, your parents got handed the bill. I still see my old crew hit up around here, but its none of us anymore. Bunch of youngsters that took over years ago and it aint even about the art or getting your name up anymore. Just straight up criminal ****.

What ever happened to Krylon anyways? It was all about that and Rustoleum (the chrome was the **** on telephone poles hah) 30 years ago. I dont even recognize any of the colors anymore when I see em at Home Depot except good old Regal Blue. We would've killed to have a brand like Molotow around in the early 90s! They make all the colors you can go straight from your black book and Design marker collection to the wall and get it just about 100%!

Krylon got thinned out and the cap on it is complete bullshit. not worth it. im on rusto and loop all day. still pushing carts at homedepot... but i also work at a warehouse that distributes Montana now so i just miss count some inventory and ya know...

YES! Telephone polls all dayyyy!!! We would use killz white on the poles. Shits fire.

I rep a Ripset from LA and I'm from Vancity Canada. These days i've put graff to sorta to the side because noone i see around here inspires me anymore. But I always love to see dirty tech graff. Im mostly up on them trains these days.

Had a handful of cases(where im from 1 tag is a 5000.00 fine), still got warrants, still travel to other countries to paint... used to have issues and get pulled over by cops when leaving my house... I would get like 3 houses away then they would just question me haha. shit was wack... i dunno... graff took over... i hope to get out eventually and just focus on music completely like my peers/bros did before me but to be honest... i dont know if i will ever completely leave it.

El_mover on insta.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:02 am
BeatWilson wrote:Krylon got thinned out and the cap on it is complete bullshit. not worth it. im on rusto and loop all day. still pushing carts at homedepot... but i also work at a warehouse that distributes Montana now so i just miss count some inventory and ya know...

YES! Telephone polls all dayyyy!!! We would use killz white on the poles. Shits fire.

I rep a Ripset from LA and I'm from Vancity Canada. These days i've put graff to sorta to the side because noone i see around here inspires me anymore. But I always love to see dirty tech graff. Im mostly up on them trains these days.

Had a handful of cases(where im from 1 tag is a 5000.00 fine), still got warrants, still travel to other countries to paint... used to have issues and get pulled over by cops when leaving my house... I would get like 3 houses away then they would just question me haha. shit was wack... i dunno... graff took over... i hope to get out eventually and just focus on music completely like my peers/bros did before me but to be honest... i dont know if i will ever completely leave it.

El_mover on insta.

Lots of heads told me the same thing about Krylon. Most people don't write with them anymore. Yes, sir benching is much easier. I think I've seen, MOVE in Santa Cruz, CA. Have friends there who did lots of art at Bills Wheels and around the city. I need to get back up there after this COVID 19 settles down.

It doesn't completely leave us and it's a good skill to have because it can transfer to other things. I go out and bench so I'm always connected to the element. It reminds me what beauty can be achieved, with a wall, a person, effort, passion, and a spray can.

I know how much time writers put into the craft. Always sketching on any and everything they can find. Working out new letters, walk around the city searching for untapped locations. That's one reason I can't be mad at SUPREME. Jebbia did it from the bottom up, he showing the culture that the art is worth more. They collab with underground and known artist and get them paid!

That's why the MPC and Supreme makes sense. Boom Bap, Beat Culture, Trap, Mod Bap, Lo Fi whatever they want to call it. Is what keeps the MPC in business. Even though other genre use it. Once Akai Pro understands that, they won't have to market the way they do. Just make a dope @$$ machine and keep it updated. :nod:
By BeatWilson Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:18 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
BeatWilson wrote:Krylon got thinned out and the cap on it is complete ****. not worth it. im on rusto and loop all day. still pushing carts at homedepot... but i also work at a warehouse that distributes Montana now so i just miss count some inventory and ya know...

YES! Telephone polls all dayyyy!!! We would use killz white on the poles. **** fire.

Had a handful of cases(where im from 1 tag is a 5000.00 fine), still got warrants, still travel to other countries to paint... used to have issues and get pulled over by cops when leaving my house... I would get like 3 houses away then they would just question me haha. **** was wack... i dunno... graff took over... i hope to get out eventually and just focus on music completely like my peers/bros did before me but to be honest... i dont know if i will ever completely leave it.

El_mover on insta.

Lots of heads told me the same thing about Krylon. Most people don't write with them anymore. Yes, sir benching is much easier. I think I've seen, MOVE in Santa Cruz, CA. Have friends there who did lots of art at Bills Wheels and around the city. I need to get back up there after this COVID 19 settles down.

It doesn't completely leave us and it's a good skill to have because it can transfer to other things. I go out and bench so I'm always connected to the element. It reminds me what beauty can be achieved, with a wall, a person, effort, passion, and a spray can.

I know how much time writers put into the craft. Always sketching on any and everything they can find. Working out new letters, walk around the city searching for untapped locations. That's one reason I can't be mad at SUPREME. Jebbia did it from the bottom up, he showing the culture that the art is worth more. They collab with underground and known artist and get them paid!

That's why the MPC and Supreme makes sense. Boom Bap, Beat Culture, Trap, Mod Bap, Lo Fi whatever they want to call it. Is what keeps the MPC in business. Even though other genre use it. Once Akai Pro understands that, they won't have to market the way they do. Just make a dope @$$ machine and keep it updated. :nod:

So I backpacked from LA to San Fran. I stayed in Santa Cruz for almost 2-3 weeks. That Move was me probably that you saw. I crushed it there. There was another move with not very good style out there but everyone there wanted me to paint over him. I didn't really care cause his letter structure was lacking hard. I was painting those tracks daytime with fillers just hanging with homeless peeps and train hoppers at the time. I really loved Santa Cruz. Want to go back forsure.
My bro ankor killed it out there tho. :popcorn:

Makes me want to paint more even tho my blocks on lock. If your ever visiting Vancouver Canada give me a holler. Loads of trains here...
By CharlesRandolph Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:18 am
BeatWilson wrote:
So I backpacked from LA to San Fran. I stayed in Santa Cruz for almost 2-3 weeks. That Move was me probably that you saw. I crushed it there. There was another move with not very good style out there but everyone there wanted me to paint over him. I didn't really care cause his letter structure was lacking hard. I was painting those tracks daytime with fillers just hanging with homeless peeps and train hoppers at the time. I really loved Santa Cruz. Want to go back forsure.

Makes me want to paint more even tho my blocks on lock. If your ever visiting Vancouver Canada give me a holler. Loads of trains here...

Freight-hopping is pretty wild. I learned a lot about the yard codes for times and what nots. :lol: Yeah, lots of people who write the same name, it's been so long since I wrote. I could even line a piece anymore. My can control is TRASH! Plus I know my skill limits and when to get of the way of the high level artist like yourself.

You should do skin overlays for MPC, we really need real artistic pieces vs some of these generic graphics skins. Try connecting with Style Flip and see what can happen. Or do the designs and have them screened on blank overlays and push them yourself.
By BeatWilson Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:58 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
BeatWilson wrote:

Freight-hopping is pretty wild. I learned a lot about the yard codes for times and what nots. :lol: Yeah, lots of people who write the same name, it's been so long since I wrote. I could even line a piece anymore. My can control is TRASH! Plus I know my skill limits and when to get of the way of the high level artist like yourself.

You should do skin overlays for MPC, we really need real artistic pieces vs some of these generic graphics skins. Try connecting with Style Flip and see what can happen. Or do the designs and have them screened on blank overlays and push them yourself.

Thats really not a bad idea...
And yeah graff is all dope and whatnot on the outside but its grimey and violent. constant fighting. musicians are much chilling people to talk to.

I dont think my can control will truly leave me because i paint dirty now. i stopped caring about them straight lines and i love the drips. I honestly find music much more interesting as far as the science behind it.

I love graffiti but it would be nice to mentally move on and not be so competitive with it. Ive been working on just letting go this last year. not caring as much or trying not to... trying to teach down rather than be more famous and all "me me me" as i see most rappers and such are.

BTW thanks for the idea on the skins. like i guess i should your right.

Like ive had organizations try to buy my stuff alot in the past and use it without permission in adds, on the wallpapers of there stores and such. I never felt right about the product but on a mpc that would be dope. :smoker: I just dont want my work on my mpc haha. i dont even had my work up on the walls. i dont like even looking at it much anymore. its like stroking your ego haha. but yo good idea g.
By DokBrown Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:27 pm
We should be supporting our own, if any1 here wants to customize a new MPC. Put some samples of your work up. I want something original; I do not want my processor/qlinks ruined.

We should not expect it to be cheap
By BeatWilson Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:52 pm
Well i emailed styleflip. I guess its just the waiting game for now.
I would honestly do everyone up there individual design if they even wanted.
Their own producer name on there mpc in an original style instead of something everyone else has or could have. Ya know?
Ill do up a couple of "MPC" ink pieces and upload them on here for you guys, may take a week or 2 with all the other commission work I got going on but definitely down to support this community. Thanks again Charles for the idea.