MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By cesaroviedo Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:08 am
I am a keyboard player and Ive been using Loopy to play along with. I have access to a MPCX and I want to use it instead of my phone. I'd like to load audio into the pads and then just trigger while performing.
For example I want to load my intro to the first pad and have it play once (no repeat) and go to the verse (on the second pad). Or maybe have a count that goes straight to the intro that stays repeating until I press the verse pad which will stay repeating till I press the chorus etc. till I press the ending which will only play once and stop.
If there is anyone who can show me those specific steps i'd like to know if i can hire you to show me.
Making the audio (loops or sequences) I want to load to play is not a problem. I do those in Logic Pro or Protools. I just need to set them into pads and manipulate them live.
By NearTao Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:29 pm
I know you're looking for a tutor for this... but it does seem like something simple enough to explain how to set up. There's a few different ways to go about it... but from your description it sounds like you should be looking into clip mode.

You can setup a clip to quantize to measures/bars, so that would help you make sure that they complete, and if you stack them in a column, the default behavior is that when one starts, the last clip playing in the column will finish. It's a similar implementation to how you see it work in Ableton Live, or how it appears that the new Garage Band implementation is setup.

If you think you think it is the right direction to go definitely feel free to ask questions in this thread... or barring that if you do need some help PM me, and I'll see what I might be able to do.
By 40Beatz Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:38 pm
We Are Your Tutors
By DokBrown Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:15 pm
i honestly wanna hear what this sounds like . . . where do u post ????