MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By JoonasMatias Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:30 pm
Hi! I´m newbie with Mpc, and newbie for hardware style beat making also. Earlier i have used Fl studio, but tired for that mouse clicking, especially in beat making.
So.. I really love to make beats by fingerdrumming them, but there´s a lot of learning in Mpc live. In Fl studio it is so easy to manage with automations. Example i can make "automation clip" and place it where ever i want in my playlist. I understand that i can´t do such a thing in Mpc, which obviously doesn´t have a playlist or a songmode. I can record my automations in real time, but:
1. What if i make automations in my sequence 1, and then want to copy that sequence, but not the automations in it. Is it possible?
2. Is the list edit page only place where i can manage my automations?
3. How can i delete the specific automation, or is it possible?
4. Can i anyhow automate effects values in Mpc live?

What about the keygroup program:
If i example load a bass sound in to a keygroup, and i want to change the value of filter cutoff. How can i do it, in such a way, it will affect all pads. Because now the bass program which i loaded is divided in to multiple keygroups, and i have to change the filter cutoff value separately in those different keygroups.

Thanx for replies & answers!
:)
By Lampdog Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:10 pm
I understand that i can´t do such a thing in Mpc, which obviously doesn´t have a playlist or a songmode.
MPC has a song mode.

1. What if i make automations in my sequence 1, and then want to copy that sequence, but not the automations in it. Is it possible?
Copy the seq, delete the automations in seq2 afterwards.

2. Is the list edit page only place where i can manage my automations?
Yes.

3. How can i delete the specific automation, or is it possible?
List Edit

4. Can i anyhow automate effects values in Mpc live?
Record the automations.

What about the keygroup program:
If i example load a bass sound in to a keygroup, and i want to change the value of filter cutoff. How can i do it, in such a way, it will affect all pads. Because now the bass program which i loaded is divided in to multiple keygroups, and i have to change the filter cutoff value separately in those different keygroups.
Up top, highlight KEYGROUP, rotate jog wheel LEFT to "ALL".