MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Monotremata Fri May 07, 2021 3:40 pm
No you have to login to your account and grab it from there. Click on the MPC so it opens all the software/manuals/etc, its in the Firmware section along with the OS updates. Look at this pic, and dont pay attention to what Akai highlighted, you'll see where it is..
By Prod Juice Fri May 07, 2021 5:57 pm
Monotremata wrote:No you have to login to your account and grab it from there. Click on the MPC so it opens all the software/manuals/etc, its in the Firmware section along with the OS updates. Look at this pic, and dont pay attention to what Akai highlighted, you'll see where it is..

Thanks for this mate, I did manage to get it all earlier today. Thank you though.

However, now that I've installed the Network Midi Driver and configured it all, my MPC is not showing in Live - Preferences - Audio.

I can play Live, but it is only audible via the built in Mac speakers and not through my monitors.

Any help greatly appreciated again. Thank you.
By Monotremata Fri May 07, 2021 6:31 pm
The MPC doesn't work like that. It needs to be in controller mode before your computer will recognize it as an audio interface.
Live Control only works when its in standalone mode. You need a mixer or a separate audio interface if you want to listen to both at once. You can try monitoring the Mac through the Live's inputs but there's no direct monitoring so its going to be latent as hell.
By Prod Juice Fri May 07, 2021 7:42 pm
Monotremata wrote:The MPC doesn't work like that. It needs to be in controller mode before your computer will recognize it as an audio interface.
Live Control only works when its in standalone mode. You need a mixer or a separate audio interface if you want to listen to both at once. You can try monitoring the Mac through the Live's inputs but there's no direct monitoring so its going to be latent as hell.

Yeah, I knew that much from using the X in standalone with the MPC software. So should I purchase something like an iConnect midi interface?

All I wanted to do in the meantime though was this...

By Prod Juice Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:40 pm
I have Ableton 11 intro and can't find the MPC X in the Audio Preferences. Also, how do I get/use MPC software as VST in Ableton?

Again, sorry for the lame questions people, I'm really new to this and going through the manuals as well as asking you good folks.