MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By wavejockey Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:11 am
does the MPC block out MIDI system exclusive messages (from other vendors) ?

i have the MPC connected through bluetooth to my ipad pro (connected), sending system exclusive messages (ENSONIQ) but don't see anything coming in or out in the (MIDI IN) filter/monitor

no messages/activity whatsoever (in the MAIN window below next to MIDI program) ; routing is cool (i think) : 2 tracks, 1 to receive bluetooth/IPAD and send out to MIDI out 4 (i'm on the MPC X), another track to receive MIDI IN 1 and send out to bluetooth/IPAD

both tracks armed
By EnochLight Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:31 am
wavejockey wrote:does the MPC block out MIDI system exclusive messages (from other vendors) ?

i have the MPC connected through bluetooth to my ipad pro (connected), sending system exclusive messages (ENSONIQ) but don't see anything coming in or out in the (MIDI IN) filter/monitor

no messages/activity whatsoever (in the MAIN window below next to MIDI program) ; routing is cool (i think) : 2 tracks, 1 to receive bluetooth/IPAD and send out to MIDI out 4 (i'm on the MPC X), another track to receive MIDI IN 1 and send out to bluetooth/IPAD

both tracks armed

Bluetooth MIDI may not support transferring Sysex data. Have you tried using USB MIDI or an old fashioned MIDI DIN cable? Full disclosure: I own an Ensoniq SQ1+. What are you trying to send to your MPC vis Sysex?
By wavejockey Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:21 am
i have an ipad sending sys excl to remotely control ENSONIQ DP/4, a novation ReMOTE controlling a YAMAHA A5000, another Novation controlling EMU Command Station
pete goodlife confirmed on twitter that MPC series doesn't record nor playback MIDI sysex
(but doesn't say anything about re/distributing it)
#unfair
By wavejockey Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:58 pm
yes, thanks
i 'm dealing now with the apple camera connection kit (33€) and a USB->MIDI interface i had lying around (ESI Midimate ex)