MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By YoLongDey Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:09 pm
Hey everyone

So i recently became the proud owner of my first MPC. I went with a ONE. But i've quickly ran into my first encounter and it just can't seem to fix it. Tried everything i can, searched everywhere i could, so i come here in hope of answers! I've investigated the problem pretty firmly thoroughly to find a solution, but not being able to.

I tried setting up my MPC to act as a MIDI Controller. The goal is the use it as a 'keyboard' to make synth lines in Logic Pro X. So that i use the MPC to create the MIDI notes and then Logic exports them through MIDI to my synthesizers.

I am pretty sure i've setup the track right (although something must be wrong).
The MPC pads control the synthesizer and all. But the problem is that it keeps on sustain on the notes being played. First when i press play/stop in Logic, the last played sustained note stops.
Whats strange is, if i transpose the MIDI Track on the MPC it works perfectly as it should. But without transposing, this happens all the time.

I've tried it in different projects in Logic, different projects on the MPC, checked for CC errors in Logic but it's all the same. To check it off, i also ran my standard Arturia MIDI keyboard into the same Logic channel as the MPC to check how it responded. And no problems there.
Lastly i've tried routing my MPC MIDI Output directly into a synthesizer. That way it also works perfectly.

So the bone of my problem is; when i setup a MIDI Channel on the MPC and try to control external hardware synthesizers through Logic Pro X, the MIDI notes keeps on sustain.

Anyone else experienced this and/or have a solution for my problem?
Hope this made sense. If not write me a message.

Kind regards
Aleks
By NearTao Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:18 am
Do you have a midi loop perhaps? Something that would cause your setup to send a signal out of the MPC, to something else, and then it comes back to the MPC? This sounds like a MIDI loop issue to me, without knowing more details.
By YoLongDey Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:24 am
I think you might be right.

But for some weird reason. I just went back in to test the MIDI Loop issue point, and it so happens that the problem isn't acting at the moment.
I guess thats the beauty and the curse when you roam the realms of a hardware set-up.

But thanks for you input. If i stumble upon this issue again, i'll for sure check for MIDI loops! Good one.