MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By peaksandfades Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:46 am
I just got my MPC ONE and had 2 questions about the sample looping function.

1. Is it possible to move the loop start and end point at the same time?
In Ableton live, Kontakt and other samplers, there's a visual bracket that you can slide around, that way if the loop length is a certain time division, you can maintain the time division while scanning through the sample for other loop points.

2. Is it possible to move the loop start point before the sample start point?
By 40Beatz Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:49 pm
Possible if you put the Samples in the Layers of One Pad? In Program Edit...

Wait i may be reading the question wrong lol

Basically the way Akai Implements the "Loop End Point" is kinda weird. It uses the End Point as the Loop End i guess. I get around that by UnLinking the Slices, then Adjust End Point as my Loop End Point. Then Play with the Release in the Envelope.

Crazy but it works
By Monotremata Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:38 pm
Yeah they went with a weird implementation.. End is not only the end of the sample but also the loop point as well. Most other samplers allow you to set the samples End as well as the separate Loop End, and if you aren't holding it down looping it, the sample will play through to the end as normal.

Im not so sure Akai is very familiar with their history or even the history of samplers in general. They posted something on Instagram last week asking everyone what the heart of their setup was. I made a comment that my MPC would be the only piece I needed once it gets a "real sampler" in it. Akai's response was something like 'Oh its got a VERY real sampler in it' and completely missed the point. Even brought up bipolar LFOs and envelopes, no envelope for pitch or anything else, etc.. I dont think Akai gets it to be honest. They want you buying their expansions and just playing back the material they give you with an occasional positive filter sweep with those filters that have like no character to them until you crank up the weird resonance on them.
By 40Beatz Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:52 pm
I Don't believe Akai focuses on us Users who want original Sampler Type Qualities like the older units. Its Not Beneficial Economically. Akai sets their sights on Users who rely on Pre-Made Clips, Loops, Expansion Packs, etc. It makes more Monetary Sense to Akai....

Unfortunately
By peaksandfades Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:15 pm
This is definitely disappointing to hear.
These are such standard features, my 25 year old hardware sampler has them.

I think it is important to remind them, that Ableton Live and Kontakt do both of these things.
I have to believe the MPC market share is in direct competition with Ableton, they should want to have a competitive feature set.

Also to make some kind of concerted, organized effort to make them listen.

What is the best way to get in touch with them, and actually get a response?
Is there anybody on this or other forums that works for them?
By TanukiD Wed May 05, 2021 1:54 pm
I should have done my research before I gave Akai my money. I just assumed "loop until release" option, ( a standard feature on my s2000 in the 90's,) was a given. Without even that kind of basic functionality it's useless as anything other than a drum machine and then only if it's the master clock in your rig as the latency if it's slaved is terrible.
By 40Beatz Wed May 05, 2021 5:11 pm
Its capable of "Looping until you release" the Pad. I also think Akai wanted to concentrate on the MPC being more effective as a Master. "The Studio Centerpiece"
By 40Beatz Wed May 10, 2023 9:20 pm
There You Go! Someone Can Make Magic wit that Joint for a Discount!
By B-Wise Wed May 10, 2023 10:34 pm
40Beatz wrote:There You Go! Someone Can Make Magic wit that Joint for a Discount!

:nod:

You gonna make some broke dude real happy :lol: