MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By globalnomad Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:35 pm
Hi there,

I recently bought an MPC One and updated the firmware from 2.7 to the latest version 2.9.1.

I have sent this message to different Akai service accounts, but no response so far.

I have the One connected to a Novation Launchkey Mini, a Behringer Model D and a Novation Launch Control XL. However, none of the devices recognizes any MIDI signal coming from the MPC One. I have them running through a powered USB hub, a Sabrent 60W 7 port with 12V/5A. When I look at the settings in the One I can see there is zero MIDI signal coming from them, but the controllers are turned on and illuminated. It all works perfectly on my Ableton Push 2, so why not on the MPC One? Could the mains power supply be the issue?

I have not found this issue discussed anywhere when searching online, but apologies if I missed it. Thanks for helping me out with this issue!
By 40Beatz Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:55 pm
Try Resetting the Preferences. Everytime i update the Firmware, I Reset everything
By ace_of_dub Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:57 pm
It's not "dead", the MPC One might not support the USB hub you are using, that's all. I suggest you verify first each external MIDI device separately by connecting each one directly to the MPC's USB port and check if they work without the hub, I'm sure they will.
By globalnomad Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:01 pm
Thanks for your help guys, I really appreciate it!

A bit of progress:

I received my Arturia Keystep yesterday and it immediately connected to the MPC One through my USB hub, together with the Microfreak. I set up custom MIDI routing on my MPC One. I had reset the preferences just in case.

The final piece of the puzzle is a way to connect my Model D to the Keystep. Mission impossible so far. Everything is hooked up but the MPC will not see the Model D. I tried the different MIDI channel configurations of the Model D as suggested by Nick Capron on his YT channel but it still won't recognise the Model D.

So close yet so far!

Thanks again everyone