MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Jon015 Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:11 am
Recently got a Live, love it except for the convertors. I dug out my old S2800 rack sampler and Roland DJ70(s770 with a keyboard) I would love to use the live to sequence basic midi notes from the both samplers. But for the life of me struggling to get this to work. I am right in thinking this will work? I have synced my microkorg and moog sub easily but not the samplers.
By ace_of_dub Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:23 pm
Well as long as both samplers support MIDI, and they do, then there shouldn't be any issue whatsoever. Choose the right MIDI canal, and check their respective documentations in order to make these samplers respond to MIDI. What are you struggling at? Did you plug the samplers MIDI IN to the MIDI out of the MPC Live? And what didn't work? It's no different from sequencing any other MIDI device.
By richie Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:26 pm
It'll work provided that you're sending to the correct midi channel on each of the respective machines.
By Jon015 Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:28 pm
I set everything to channel one. I think the MPC Live is the issue as I can get samples to trigger from plugging in midi keyboard directly to both samplers. Not sure what I am doing wrong in the Live.
By richie Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:58 am
Set each midi device on their own separate channel.
By Jon015 Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:34 pm
Got it working with the Akai. The Roland still not. Seems every time I leave the Performance page where you set the midi channel. It seems to reset itself and not save the midi channel when I return to it as it ithen blank. I turned omni off. So not sure what is going on.
By wavejockey Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:15 am
my strange, my MPC x works perfect together with my S750 - maybe try setting all parts in the performance to the same MICI ch
you can "monitor"incoming signals on the perf page