MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Cole0720 Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:11 pm
- I have an MPC One hooked up to my audio interface (Steinberg UR44) via two midi cables. Also have it hooked up via two TRS cables into line inputs 5 and 6. Here’s a [diagram](https://www.dropbox.com/s/4derhnokvxit6 ... p.png?dl=0)

- On my MPC I have Track 1 set to a drum program. Track 2 is a midi program.

- I have Track 1 set Send To Track 2 and Track 2’s MIDI Output set to MPC. With this set up I tap on the pads and I can hear drums and it sends the midi data out the MPC midi port, to the UR44 and into to Studio One.

- I also have Track 1’s midi input as All Ports. So when I play back the sequence in Studio One’s midi piano roll, it plays on my MPC and again I can hear everything.

This is all splendid and working perfectly. But I’ve noticed if I accidentally flip the instrument track’s monitor button on, I get a nasty feedback loop. Why is this? Obviously I can just remember to turn it off whenever I play back my sequence but it is a little annoying and I’m wondering if there’s something in my routing I can do to fix that.